Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import my own Custom Titles to different projects?
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a way to import Custom Titles which I created in a different project? I know they are stored in C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\MyTitles, but can't find a way to bring them in to my current project. When I click "Import Media" it looks like it only sees .dzt files.

Thanks in advance for your helpcool DirectorSuite 365 | Win 11 Home | AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX with Radeon Graphics 3301 Mhz, 8 cores, 16 logical processors | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 | 2TB SSD
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
They should automatically appear in the Title Room under the Custom filter. If you don't see any there, chances are your current project's aspect ratio is different from the project(s) that you saved the custom titles from.

An easy workaround is to temporarily change the project AR to the other setting to populate the custom title library, then drag the desired title to the timeline and restore the desired AR for the current project.
Myemerald
Member Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Dec 15, 2016 12:21 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Quote They should automatically appear in the Title Room under the Custom filter. If you don't see any there, chances are your current project's aspect ratio is different from the project(s) that you saved the custom titles from.

An easy workaround is to temporarily change the project AR to the other setting to populate the custom title library, then drag the desired title to the timeline and restore the desired AR for the current project.

That was it! I didn't even realize I had a different AR yet LOL. Thanks so much, optodata!!smile

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 16. 2022 17:21

[Post New]
Quote They should automatically appear in the Title Room under the Custom filter. If you don't see any there, chances are your current project's aspect ratio is different from the project(s) that you saved the custom titles from.

I have some .clt custom files doing the same thing.

I want to import old custom titles from PDR15 and my options to import are on DZT Files(*.dzt) or DZ3DT Files(*.dz3dt)

I can drag into the time line straight from the folder but not into the library.

I have tried changing aspect ratios with no success?

Cheers for the help
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I have some .clt custom files doing the same thing.

I want to import old custom titles from PDR15 and my options to import are on DZT Files(*.dzt) or DZ3DT Files(*.dz3dt)

I can drag into the time line straight from the folder but not into the library.

I have tried changing aspect ratios with no success?

Cheers for the help

Hi,

Try this in file explorer :

Navigate to the location of the custom titles in PDR15
Default is usually C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\MyTitles

Identify the titles you need - no easy way to do this I'm afraid as PDR names the folders sequentially Title_004, Title_005 etc. so you have to examine the contents to see which title is which.

Copy the title(s) you need

Navigate to the location for PDR20 custom titles
Default is usually C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\MyTitles

Paste your custom titles into the folder - beware of overwriting any existing titles with the same name. If there is a clash rename one of the files with a unique name following the Title_??? protocol.

Launch PDR20 and see if your title is transferred.

I would recommend doing a trial with one title first!!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]

Hi,

Try this in file explorer :

Navigate to the location of the custom titles in PDR15
Default is usually C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\MyTitles

Identify the titles you need - no easy way to do this I'm afraid as PDR names the folders sequentially Title_004, Title_005 etc. so you have to examine the contents to see which title is which.

Copy the title(s) you need

Navigate to the location for PDR20 custom titles
Default is usually C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\MyTitles

Paste your custom titles into the folder - beware of overwriting any existing titles with the same name. If there is a clash rename one of the files with a unique name following the Title_??? protocol.

Launch PDR20 and see if your title is transferred.

I would recommend doing a trial with one title first!!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Unfortunately this is what I did first.

Normally as I have upgraded in the past, I did what you just suggested as that is where the custom files are stored. So I copied all my customs into the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\MyTitles. And they were not picked up. I then created a new custom file out of PDR21 to see if I was in the wrong file location. The new custom was created below my imported titles as a Title 107. So that is why I was trying the import mode.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 03. 2022 04:21

PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Unfortunately this is what I did first.

Normally as I have upgraded in the past, I did what you just suggested as that is where the custom files are stored. So I copied all my customs into the C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\MyTitles. And they were not picked up. I then created a new custom file out of PDR21 to see if I was in the wrong file location. The new custom was created below my imported titles as a Title 107. So that is why I was trying the import mode.

Any other suggestions?

Cheers

Hi,

Apologies, I assumed you were on PDR20 - or are you on PDR21?

The OP was on PDR20 back in March and posted in the PDR20 forum and you posted under that, but your most recent post mentioned PDR21.

If you want PDR21 to pick them up, you will need to copy them to
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\MyTitles

Does that solve the issue?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
[Post New]

Hi,

Apologies, I assumed you were on PDR20 - or are you on PDR21?

The OP was on PDR20 back in March and posted in the PDR20 forum and you posted under that, but your most recent post mentioned PDR21.

If you want PDR21 to pick them up, you will need to copy them to
C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\MyTitles

Does that solve the issue?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

That is frustrating, I did edit thart section to say PDR21 but it was not picked up the Edit and left it at PDR20. Sorry about that.

Yes I am learning PDR21.

So yes I did copy to : C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\21.0\MyTitles

I also modified a template in PDR21 title section and saved it and it saved in this location (PowerDirector\21.0\MyTitles) after my last folder in the section which it is obviously reading as it created a folder Title_107. So it will read 107, but not any of the others in this location.

In actual fact I did both to see whether PDR21 was looking for the PDR20 folder. Neither work.

The title files are not corrupted as I can drag them across into the story board section and that will sit in a video track and play.

I can open them in PDR 15 on my old laptop and they work there.

FWIW What you are suggestion is what I have always done when I have upgraded my PDR software. I first started on PDR5 and I have never had this issue where the Titles wont automatically open up from the path: C:\Users\UserName\Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\Version of the day number eg 7\MyTitles

This was the only forum discussion I could find on the topic and I thought The same application from 20 suggestion would solve my issue, but it has not.

Any other ideas? I'm clearly over my limit in IT ideas LOL!

I appreciate your help

Cheers
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I can open them in PDR 15 on my old laptop and they work there.

It is unlikely that Dstick1 will be successful in finding a solution to his custom title transfer. In his first post he did not state that PD21 and PD15 were on different computers. On my pc, I found that PD12 custom titles appear in PD14, PD15, but not in PD17. There is no need to copy the My Titles from one version to the other. There are enough changes in the version 17 to make it incompatible.

Custom titles created in PD17 do show up in PD20/21/365 and again there is no need to copy the My Titles from one version to the other.

He did indicate Title_107 so it means that he may have at least 107 custom titles in PD15. He could do his projects in PD15, produce it, and bring the produced files to PD21 for further editing. There is a utility out there that allows the transfer of one title to a different pc one at a time written by user Godfrey GA. The DZ can be used to do the transfer too by uploading and downloading. Don’t want users to use it if they leave their trash in the DZ clogging up resources. There are at least two options to do the transfer.

One better option may be to contact Cyberlink support. They may or may not be able to offer a better solution to someone who has at least 107 custom titles. They may know of an easier and faster way to do the transfer.
[Post New]

It is unlikely that Dstick1 will be successful in finding a solution to his custom title transfer. In his first post he did not state that PD21 and PD15 were on different computers. On my pc, I found that PD12 custom titles appear in PD14, PD15, but not in PD17. There is no need to copy the My Titles from one version to the other. There are enough changes in the version 17 to make it incompatible.

Custom titles created in PD17 do show up in PD20/21/365 and again there is no need to copy the My Titles from one version to the other.

He did indicate Title_107 so it means that he may have at least 107 custom titles in PD15. He could do his projects in PD15, produce it, and bring the produced files to PD21 for further editing. There is a utility out there that allows the transfer of one title to a different pc one at a time written by user Godfrey GA. The DZ can be used to do the transfer too by uploading and downloading. Don’t want users to use it if they leave their trash in the DZ clogging up resources. There are at least two options to do the transfer.

One better option may be to contact Cyberlink support. They may or may not be able to offer a better solution to someone who has at least 107 custom titles. They may know of an easier and faster way to do the transfer.

Heads up,

The reference to different computers was me checking file integrity.

The files I am trying to access and the location are all in the one computer. They work in the video tracks, they are not openning in the Title. The same process has been used and worked in PDR20. So I am not understanding your point. Further to this I was trying to create some retro refits for my videos. All files to date have been forward compatible.

My reference to the 107 title was that that PDR21 recognises there are 106 previous files in the location before renaming the new file I created. So clearly the software is recognizing, reading that there is content in the location.

For what ever reason, PDR21 is not importing these files. I disagree with you statement the files are not compatible, as they are readable and workable in the time line of PDR21 and in Custom Titles for PDR20,

Thanks for your input, but there is not any helpful way forward with your advice other than contact support which I have.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I believe that those 107 custom titles from PD15 are compatible in PD21 but they won’t be seen in or above PD17 in the way they are stored in the My Titles folder. Cyberlink support may know a better solution.