Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
clmediaserver.exe APPCRASH
Xebeche [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2013 23:54 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
My computer is usually incredibly reliable, but I've been checking the Reliability Monitor, and clmediaserver.exe is crashing on startup.

I'm using PowerDVD 21 on Windows 11, and I've reinstalled PowerDVD several times to resolve this problem. It seems to resolve after every reinstall, but after a few days the problem returns.

Here's the crash detail:

Source
clmediaserver
Summary
Stopped working
Date
‎3/‎16/‎2022 8:01 AM
Status
Report sent
Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD21\Common\CLMediaServer\clmediaserver.exe
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: clmediaserver.exe
Application Version: 1.1.0.60087
Application Timestamp: 6086a5db
Fault Module Name: clmediaserver.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.1.0.60087
Fault Module Timestamp: 6086a5db
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000344b60
OS Version: 10.0.22000.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: bbbc
Additional Information 2: bbbc838309ad544069ed6fe35e794f60
Additional Information 3: eb7a
Additional Information 4: eb7a34b52c95bb607caa9c45a164c3e9
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: f2d067b7ffdb3d9352d94ab1b195d75a (1358198889677969242)
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Please also send this info to CyberLink Customer Service, with your DXDiag file, via this link:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup
QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

The purpose of this process looks like is in charge of scanning or sharing files that you added to powerdvd library.
Have you ever imported any files into the library?

Are there any possible broken files or files format that powerdvd actually does not support (but the file extension is a general MP4 or MOV, etc.) in your media folder?

If you uninstall powerdvd and discard all your personal settings, and do not import previous version settings when first launch after reinstall. I guess the crash won't occur again if your library is an empty one.

If it is the case, you can filter out the issue by checking if which specific folder or files you imported in the library might cause the mediaserver crash.
Xebeche [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2013 23:54 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the suggestion, QC2.0.

I've never imported anything, nor have I added any folders into my media library. I just confirmed, and no folders are added/shared.

Also, when I first noticed this issue, I uninstalled/reinstalled PowerDVD. The problem seemed to disappear for a few days, but then it returned.

Again, thanks for the suggestion!

Quote Hi

The purpose of this process looks like is in charge of scanning or sharing files that you added to powerdvd library.
Have you ever imported any files into the library?

Are there any possible broken files or files format that powerdvd actually does not support (but the file extension is a general MP4 or MOV, etc.) in your media folder?

If you uninstall powerdvd and discard all your personal settings, and do not import previous version settings when first launch after reinstall. I guess the crash won't occur again if your library is an empty one.

If it is the case, you can filter out the issue by checking if which specific folder or files you imported in the library might cause the mediaserver crash.