Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adjust Duration (Smart Fit) never finishing
[Post New]
Hello,

I took a clip of music, and changed the duration to 60 seconds.
On the Mix Screen, it extends it.

When I hit 'apply' to the adjusted audio, it processes up to 99% then hangs. I have shut down and restarted AD365 and my computer. I tried removing and readding the clip.

When I check task manager - I see cpu is at 20%, gpu is at 0% but power usage says Very High.

The clip is self is 11s. it plays.
When I set it to 59 or 60s...it hangs at 99%. It has been over 4 hours.

Thoughts or Suggestions?

Thanks,

VeePo
[Thumb - AD365_NotUpdating.png]
 Filename
AD365_NotUpdating.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
21 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello Veepo,

I haven't been able to replicate your issue here, after testing about a dozen audio clips. Aside from ADR alerting me that it cannot process a clip (too short), all duration adjustments have completed successfully.

The issue may be related to (a) the particular clip you're using or (b) something about your setup.

Could you please attach an audio clip here (i.e. one that is triggering the issue on your system) so we can try to narrow the cause of the problem.

Please find attached one example I tested. Not that the results were very interesting, but ADR adjusted the duration to 30:00:000, 1:00:000, 1:30:000, 2:00:000 without any issues. Perhaps you could test it in your ADR.

PIX
 Filename
Cinematic_string_choir_stinger.wav
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3396 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
603 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello Veepo,

I haven't been able to replicate your issue here, after testing about a dozen audio clips. Aside from ADR alerting me that it cannot process a clip (too short), all duration adjustments have completed successfully.

The issue may be related to (a) the particular clip you're using or (b) something about your setup.

Could you please attach an audio clip here (i.e. one that is triggering the issue on your system) so we can try to narrow the cause of the problem.

Please find attached one example I tested. Not that the results were very interesting, but ADR adjusted the duration to 30:00:000, 1:00:000, 1:30:000, 2:00:000 without any issues. Perhaps you could test it in your ADR.

PIX

Hey @PIX!

I tried your clip - NO ISSUES
I tried another of mine - No ISSUES
Tried the same orginal clip - ISSUES
Tried it 30s - ISSUES

So I agree it is the clip

It play fine in edit.
When I bring it into Mix - it play once.
When I extend it, it hangs. So I choose Cancel.
But I can no longer preview it or play it as it extends it, but does not return it to it's original length.

Thanks for helping out!

VeeP0
 Filename
Extro_80s_End_wav.wav
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2188 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
600 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
No issues on my end with the clip you shared. Maybe try setting the duration to 00:58:132 which is what AD delivers on my system after processing for 2 seconds.

[Post New]
Quote No issues on my end with the clip you shared. Maybe try setting the duration to 00:58:132 which is what AD delivers on my system after processing for 2 seconds.

Hello,

Sorry, maybe I am not understanding.
You are in the EDIT section and changed the duration to 58.132

I am in the MIX section using the Smart FIt.

However, I did do the change of duration to 58.132 - no issues

Did that make things more clear or am I still being confusing?

Thanks!
[Thumb - AD365_MIX_SmartFit.png]
 Filename
AD365_MIX_SmartFit.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I apologize for missing the mark so badly on my response and video. If I try to use SmartFit in the Mix room with your WAV clip I also see the issue.

I used ADR to convert the clip to all available formats and these are my findings:

Encoding SmartFit result
WAV Hangs @ 99%
WMA Hangs @ 99%
FLAC Hangs @ 99%
MP3 Finishes
M4A Cannot be remixed
APE Cannot be remixed

I've attached the MP3 version which should work on your system. I think you should contact tech support so they can look into the issue with your original clip. Make sure you include a link to this discussion so they can see what's happened and can down;oad the same clip.
 Filename
Extro_80s_End_wav.mp3
[Disk]
 Description
converted clip
 Filesize
182 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
709 time(s)
[Post New]
Hello again Veepo & optodata (with whom I've been simultaneously posting),

You're right Veepo. optodata's screen capture shows adjusting duration in the Edit module, which is Adjust Duration (Change Speed) rather than Adjust Duration (Smart Fit). Smart Fit is only found in the Mix module.

With your 80s Extro clip I can replicate your issue in both ADR 365 & ADR 12, (screen shot attached) yet cannot reproduce the issue with other short clips I've tested.

I can't help thinking it may be something to do with the way the clip has been previously edited. Unfortunately, even though I recognise that riff I can't think of the name of the track. If I could I'd attempt to re-edit to isolate that outro riff. Can you help me out? My memory is failing me embarassed

PIX
[Thumb - ADR_Duration (Smart Fit).jpg]
 Filename
ADR_Duration (Smart Fit).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
522 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2022 16:07

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Quote Hello again Veepo & optodata (with whom I've been simultaneously posting),

You're right Veepo. optodata's screen capture shows adjusting duration in the Edit module, which is Adjust Duration (Change Speed) rather than Adjust Duration (Smart Fit). Smart Fit is only found in the Mix module.

With your 80s Extro clip I can replicate your issue in both ADR 365 & ADR 12, (screen shot attached) yet cannot reproduce the issue with other short clips I've tested.

I can't help thinking it may be something to do with the way the clip has been previously edited. Unfortunately, even though I recognise that riff I can't think of the name of the track. If I could I'd attempt to re-edit to isolate that outro riff. Can you help me out? My memory is failing me embarassed

PIX

oh my memory if failing me as the clip was sent to me to try to mix..

Bette Davis Eyes!!!! Kim Carnes!!!!!
[Post New]
Quote I apologize for missing the mark so badly on my response and video. If I try to use SmartFit in the Mix room with your WAV clip I also see the issue.

I used ADR to convert the clip to all available formats and these are my findings:

Encoding SmartFit result
WAV Hangs @ 99%
WMA Hangs @ 99%
FLAC Hangs @ 99%
MP3 Finishes
M4A Cannot be remixed
APE Cannot be remixed

I've attached the MP3 version which should work on your system. I think you should contact tech support so they can look into the issue with your original clip. Make sure you include a link to this discussion so they can see what's happened and can down;oad the same clip.

NP!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HELPING!

I was just wondering if it was my system OR a bug.

Clarified!

Appreciate the assistance!

Thanks,

VeePO
[Post New]
Bette Davis Eyes! Now I'm doubly embarrassed embarassedembarassed

For whatever reason, ADR refuses to remix optodata's .MP3 version (screenshot of failed attempt attached). If it worked for you

My suspicions about how the troublesome clip was edited were partly confirmed. A longer remix worked just fine in ADR. Attached is the Bette Davis Eyes Intro (16 sec) & ADR's Smart Fit (1 min) version.

Take no notice of the audio quality, please. It was extracted from a screen capture.

PIX
 Filename
Bette Davis Eyes Intro_01.wav
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11250 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
616 time(s)
 Filename
Bette Davis Eyes Intro.wav
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1050 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
659 time(s)
[Thumb - ADR_no remix.jpg]
 Filename
ADR_no remix.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
432 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 18. 2022 18:42

PIX YouTube channel
optodata
[Post New]
Quote For whatever reason, ADR refuses to remix optodata's .MP3 version (screenshot of failed attempt attached).

Well I can't explain it but the .MP3 version doesn't work now on either of the 2 systems I just tried it out on! I get the same "can't remix" message as you, PIX yell

The behaviors of the other clips remain the same though, so it still looks like tech support should look into this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 18. 2022 21:16