Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Odd Fast Video Rendering Options
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
On the latest perpetual PD20 release, it appears the fast video rendering encode option dropdown now shows encoders not even in the system, see pic. My CPU does not even support an iGPU, yet "Intel Quick Sync Video" is available and selectable. Of course, errors are presented if one tries to use either option not available in my system.

One error is the ever popular "Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Player....." which of course is not even relevant as given AMD VCE is not even present.

Curious, does 365 license option with whatever version is current there have the same anomaly?

Jeff
[Thumb - PD20_FVRT.png]
 Filename
PD20_FVRT.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1198 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't seen that in PD365. These are the choices present for my desktop with only an RTX 2070 (top) and my Surface Book 3 with a GTX 1660 Ti and Intel Iris Plus Graphics:

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I haven't seen that in PD365. These are the choices present for my desktop with only an RTX 2070 (top) and my Surface Book 3 with a GTX 1660 Ti and Intel Iris Plus Graphics:

Thanks for PD365 pics, just another anomaly between versions or timing of versions I guess. Makes no sense to show them as active, yet alone be able to select them.

Jeff
fvbrym2021 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 15, 2021 11:58 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote On the latest perpetual PD20 release, it appears the fast video rendering encode option dropdown now shows encoders not even in the system, see pic. My CPU does not even support an iGPU, yet "Intel Quick Sync Video" is available and selectable. Of course, errors are presented if one tries to use either option not available in my system.

One error is the ever popular "Production unsuccessful. Please ensure your graphics card driver is up-to-date, and update to the latest version of Windows Media Player....." which of course is not even relevant as given AMD VCE is not even present.

Curious, does 365 license option with whatever version is current there have the same anomaly?

Jeff

Jeff, This may not have anything to do with your issue but do you get perioditic prompts offering to optimize your video card for your version? I use PD365 and every other month or so, that's what it shows me..
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Jeff, This may not have anything to do with your issue but do you get perioditic prompts offering to optimize your video card for your version? I use PD365 and every other month or so, that's what it shows me..

No not really, one should only get prompt if you have a system change, like you updated your Nvidia drivers either manually or windows automatically. Optimizing GPU does nothing to remedy encode options presented.

Nvidia updates drivers on somewhat of a monthly basis unless some definitive issue, maybe that's your periodic experience.

Jeff