Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blue Handles not acting right
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:27 Messages: 57 Offline
[Post New]
Last week, I upgraded from PD16 to PD365. Couple of things that are different now in PD365 from PD16 (or I don't know how to do it)

I want to make a door appear as if it is rolling down from the top.

1) I drag an image of a door to the timeline and it shows up in the preview window.
2) In PD16 I could move the little blue handles separately, but in PD365 if, for example, I move the lower right blue handle
up to the upper right blue handle all is fine, but
3) With that move in place, I try to move the lower left blue handle up to the upper left blue handle, all three of the remaining blue handles move down (in the Object Settings, "Maintain aspect ratio" is UNchecked).
4) Further, if i move the lower right blue handle up to the upper right handle, then try to move either of the upper blue handles separartely, they work as intended.

Help? I will address the second problem after this one is resolved.

Charles

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2022 19:09

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Last week, I upgraded from PD16 to PD365. Couple of things that are different now in PD365 from PD16 (or I don't know how to do it)

I want to make a door appear as if it is rolling down from the top.

1) I drag an image of a door to the timeline and it shows up in the preview window.
2) In PD16 I could move the little blue handles separately, but in PD365 if, for example, I move the lower right blue handle
up to the upper right blue handle all is fine, but
3) With that move in place, I try to move the lower left blue handle up to the upper left blue handle, all three of the remaining blue handles move down (in the Object Settings, "Maintain aspect ratio" is UNchecked).
4) Further, if i move the lower right blue handle up to the upper right handle, then try to move either of the upper blue handles separartely, they work as intended.

Help? I will address the second problem after this one is resolved.

Charles

The anchor point for such actions now defaults to the center of the pic. Hence that new noted behavior. You would need to move the anchor point to the upper left corner.

This prior discussion and links may shed some light for you. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96631.page#post_box_388590

Jeff
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]

The anchor point for such actions now defaults to the center of the pic. Hence that new noted behavior. You would need to move the anchor point to the upper left corner.

This prior discussion and links may shed some light for you. https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96631.page#post_box_388590

Jeff

Thanks Jeff. I saw your previous post in another thread that said...

"Several ways, here is one way. By default, the "Anchor Point" is set to the middle of the video/pic. You can display "Anchor Point" by turning on in the control panel at the left in PIP.

Since default is anchor point in the middle, drag video/pic to middle of screen, pink vertical and horizontal lines will appear when centered. Now just drag a corner to refill frame, pink guide lines will appear and snap in corner.

The anchor point can be moved around by dragging or coordinates in left control panel for other useful options, https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84233.page#post_box_348180"

Does this change somehow revolve around 3d behavior? I can deal with it, but it is alot more clicking.

Here is another change I don't understand, if you have an answer for it:

I have the track hierarchy switched with track 1 at the bottom. I have say 20 tracks already. If I click on a track in the middle of those tracks and grab a corner to scale it down, that works fine. But when I then click on the "+" to move the track in the preview window, the focus jumps to a higher track and moves that track.

Why?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Does this change somehow revolve around 3d behavior? I can deal with it, but it is alot more clicking.

Not that I know of. I think it was a "improvement" but just poorly implimented like so many other changes. Good idea, half baked.

Quote I have the track hierarchy switched with track 1 at the bottom. I have say 20 tracks already. If I click on a track in the middle of those tracks and grab a corner to scale it down, that works fine. But when I then click on the "+" to move the track in the preview window, the focus jumps to a higher track and moves that track.

Why?

My version does not do that, I have perpetual at version 2607. There was a very similar post with behavior as you describe recently, but it was removed. There are so many versions out there for 365 users depending if they update or not so it could be that one of those versions has this behavior. Are you running the latest for 365 users, I think maybe 20.1.2519.0?

Jeff
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not that I know of. I think it was a "improvement" but just poorly implimented like so many other changes. Good idea, half baked.

My version does not do that, I have perpetual at version 2607. There was a very similar post with behavior as you describe recently, but it was removed. There are so many versions out there for 365 users depending if they update or not so it could be that one of those versions has this behavior. Are you running the latest for 365 users, I think maybe 20.1.2519.0?

Jeff

Yes, I am running PD V 20.1.2519.0 (64-bit)
Version type 365

Charles

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 08. 2022 21:28

JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe instead of grabbing the + since that changes track focus, just grab the body of the pic and move that.

Jeff
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Maybe instead of grabbing the + since that changes track focus, just grab the body of the pic and move that.

Jeff

Doesn't matter where I click to move, it still happens.

Suggestions? I emailed support last night and they want me to document it with screen shots, movie capture, etc.

Trying to avoid that if possible.

Charles
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Doesn't matter where I click to move, it still happens.

Suggestions? I emailed support last night and they want me to document it with screen shots, movie capture, etc.

Trying to avoid that if possible.

Charles

Maybe use the arrows to move it once it's highlighted in the preview window. Or, use the arrows to expose a part of that track content that's outside all other track overlays, and then grab that piece to move with mouse.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I emailed support last night and they want me to document it with screen shots, movie capture, etc.

Making a simple screen recording would save lots of time and back & forth conversations as support (or people here on the forum) could seee exactly what you're doing and would be able to respond with specific instructions. A recording is literally worth 1000+ words!
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
CharlesDallas, I've been able to duplicate the change in track focus issue. I think the workaround suggestion of using keyboard arrows to move to a no overlay region and then using the mouse in this region to grab and move as desired should work, at least for me it appears to.

Jeff
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]

Making a simple screen recording would save lots of time and back & forth conversations as support (or people here on the forum) could seee exactly what you're doing and would be able to respond with specific instructions. A recording is literally worth 1000+ words!

Optodata,

I will do it tomorrow and post it here.

Charles
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote CharlesDallas, I've been able to duplicate the change in track focus issue. I think the workaround suggestion of using keyboard arrows to move to a no overlay region and then using the mouse in this region to grab and move as desired should work, at least for me it appears to.

Jeff

Unfortunately, there is not a region without content.

I had already found a work around by dragging any white handle all the way off the 16:9 boundary, then clicking there and moving to the intended postion, then dragging the same white handle back to the initial position. What a pain and then there is the issue of precision, which I never had to do in PD16 or previous versions.

I will post a screen capture on this thread tomorrow. Thanks for all the help.

Charles
[Post New]
But when I then click on the "+" to move the track in the preview window, the focus jumps to a higher track and moves that track.

Why?

Sounds like you select the top layer (higher track with your setting) from the preview window so this is expected. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sounds like you select the top layer (higher track with your setting) from the preview window so this is expected.

Not sure if it's to be expected or not, from what I see, versions prior to PD17 didn't lose focus of the selected track and didn't default to the top layer when another layer was highlighted. Versions since PD17 do lose focus to top layer and one needs to move item to open area for keeping proper focus, use track locks, or other viable workarounds.

Since OP coming from PD16 to PD20, it's a change in functionality.

Jeff
CharlesDallas [Avatar]
[Post New]

Not sure if it's to be expected or not, from what I see, versions prior to PD17 didn't lose focus of the selected track and didn't default to the top layer when another layer was highlighted. Versions since PD17 do lose focus to top layer and one needs to move item to open area for keeping proper focus, use track locks, or other viable workarounds.

Since OP coming from PD16 to PD20, it's a change in functionality.

Jeff

What would be the reason for this other than making it hard for users to move tracks around?

I am now going to document this via screen capture and send it to support along with the dxDiag and whatever else they want.

Charles