Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 16-20 Title of video on the edit line blocks your view of what your editing
[Post New]
Using Powerdirector since v13, currently using v16 for past 3+yrs i think.
One of my major gripes about PD is that when you are editing a video, and you make cuts, or split
the video in parts, the title of the video your editing is in the way!

See a screenshot of what im referring too:
PD16 split clip, title in the way

See what the red arrows are pointing at?

Their pointing at the title of the video which is overlaying the edit line, in my some of my videos for my Utube channel
i do tutorials on how to do certain things, and when your editign a video you may need to cut out certain things
in your recording, like some things on what you say, like the um, ahh, or things you dont want in the video hence why you edit.

What im saying is, sometimes you need to be precise in where you make your cuts, and in this situation where the
title of the video is over the sound part of the video where i need to make a cut, i cant see what im trying to cut.
Every cut i make again notice the red arrows, the title of the video overlays or sits exactly on those parts
sits exactly on the volume, or sound line. I use that line to look for certain pitches and changes in volume because it tells
me where something is when i said something or there is a noise that i want to cut out.

My suggestion is to move the title of the video so that it is below the volume or sound line, you have plenty of room.

Is this possible to do?
I see the same issue in powerdirector 20, i was looking to upgrade finally to v20 but after watching a tutorial, and a feature
video on it, i noticed the same issue with the title of the video is still ........over the volume line.

Lastly another thing is all the functions in the middle above the video editing line, especially the spit button
should be in the center of the editor, not all the way to the left.
I say this because it takes time to be precise, reach all the way with your cursor to split a line, not very efficient if you have to chase tools, and buttons when your work is in a certain spot.
It would be one thing if you could move that whole tool function line but you cant.

Please update!! its not efficient the way it is, most especially with the title of the video on the volume,
it makes no sense to be there.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 22. 2022 10:17

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to right mouse click on the clips on the timeline and click Edit Cli[ Alias/Change Alias… to allow you to hit the spacebar or the period and then OK to make it less conspicuous. You can do the same on the clip in the media library.

Try this: Rename the clips in the Media Library before you drag the clips to the timeline. That would save more time if you split and/or reuse the same clips multiple times on the timeline like what you show in the PD16 screenshot.
[Post New]
Quote You may want to right mouse click on the clips on the timeline and click Edit Cli[ Alias/Change Alias… to allow you to hit the spacebar or the period and then OK to make it less conspicuous. You can do the same on the clip in the media library.

Try this: Rename the clips in the Media Library before you drag the clips to the timeline. That would save more time if you split and/or reuse the same clips multiple times on the timeline like what you show in the PD16 screenshot.

Never knew this after all these years, so what i ended up doing was just puttign the clip on the time line
changing the alias name to a period, then any split i do after is a period for every clip, not as big, and doesn't block
the view of the volume line.
Well this has solved the problem, not really the change i was after which was for cyberlink to actually update
and move the title to the bottom or somewhere else, it still makes no sense to me why its where its at,
anyways this will save me a headache from straining to see what im trying to split in the future.

I may upgrade to PD20 after all. Thanks for your insight into this.

Two questions,
considering i have PD16, if i upgrade to PD20 would there be a discount, or would i basically be
just rebuying the new version at full price which is $130?

Would my PD16 get updated, like be upgraded to PD20 like a huge patch if i buy PD20, or is it a seperate
download and basically its just a newer version of Powerdirector?

I have PD16 Ultimimate btw.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 22. 2022 13:24

[Post New]

Would my PD16 get updated, like be upgraded to PD20 like a huge patch if i buy PD20, or is it a seperate
download and basically its just a newer version of Powerdirector?

Upgrade supports minus 2 or 3 versions, so v16 cannot be upraded to v20.

https://www.cyberlink.com/store/powerdirector-video-editing-software/upgrade_en_US.html
"Only available for users upgrading from ver.18-19" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PowerDirector 365