Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remove labels
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

is it possible to remove labels from clips? I find they just get in the way so I want to disable them? See the attached image...

TIA
[Thumb - Capture.JPG]
 Filename
Capture.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
35 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may want to right mouse click on that clip on the timeline and click change alias or edit alias to allow you to hit the spacebar or the period key and then OK to make it less conspicuous. You can do the same on the clip in the media library.
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You may want to right mouse click on that clip on the timeline and click change alias or edit alias to allow you to hit the spacebar or the period key and then OK to make it less conspicuous. You can do the same on the clip in the media library.

That works, thanks. Only problem is that I have to do it for every single clip individually. It's time consuming. Was hoping for an easier automated method or a check box in preferences.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Rename the clips in the Media Library before you drag the clips to the timeline. That would save more time if you split and/or reuse the same clips multiple times on the timeline. You may be able to write a small program to bypass the Windows renaming so all your files have no visible names.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You can request a checkbox for clip name visibility by going to File | Rate Us & Provide Suggestions