Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Won’t let me rearrange photos
Sloanhaus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2022 12:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Brand new. I started a new project, imported all my photos, and I am now wanting to move them around. When I try to drag and drop a photo I get an error saying " you cannot change the order of images in the selected folder, album, etc. custom order is only supported in folders that don't contain sub folders"

all my photos are in a folder on my desktop and there is not a subfolder.

can anyone help please.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Sloanhaus -

Are you in PowerDirector or PhotoDirector? I ask because some parts of PhD don't allow rearrangement of photos.

You haven't mentioned what it is you're trying to do... make a slideshow? use the photos in Theme Designer? A bit more specific information would help you get better help with your issue.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Sloanhaus [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 16, 2022 12:41 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Sloanhaus -

Are you in PowerDirector or PhotoDirector? I ask because some parts of PhD don't allow rearrangement of photos.

You haven't mentioned what it is you're trying to do... make a slideshow? use the photos in Theme Designer? A bit more specific information would help you get better help with your issue.

Cheers - Tony

I am in photo director.

basically I am wanting to take a bunch of photos of my wife and I from over the years and create a slide show to music. I'd like to be able to edit the photos and add backgrounds to them as well.
[Post New]
Hello Sloanhaus,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum "laughing"

Once you have all your photos edited and ready for the slideshow, go to Create > Slideshow. Once your photos are added in that module, you'll be able to rearrange them as you wish.

""

PIX PIX YouTube channel