Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector 12.0 Installation
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi All,

I recently purchased the Diamond Multimedia VHS to DVD Digital File Converter to convert various tapes to my external hard drive.

While going through the process of following the instructions and installing the driver and the PowerDirector... it seems the PowerDirector has not finished installing after more than a day of "copying new files." It seems as though this is the final step in the process of installing the PowerDirector but it seems as though it has stalled and is not "finishing."

Is this something that typically takes a while (I can't imagine it shouldn't take a full day).

Has anyone encountered this issue and if so, what are the ways to fix this?

Per the instructions it seems as though once this finishes installing -- a desktop icon should appear which will allow access to the full feature editor. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to that point.

If anyone can help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 01. 2022 22:10

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
It definitely shouldn't be taking that long and has obviously hung. If the machine's still running you can bring up Task Manager and force-quit the installer then try installing again.

I'm no expert in these things but it would be helpful for the other forum members if you give some information about your system. See this link to create a DXdiag file. Save the file and attach it to your reply using the 'Attachments' button. Don't just paste the contents into a reply as it takes up a lot of screen space. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It definitely shouldn't be taking that long and has obviously hung. If the machine's still running you can bring up Task Manager and force-quit the installer then try installing again.

I'm no expert in these things but it would be helpful for the other forum members if you give some information about your system. See this link to create a DXdiag file. Save the file and attach it to your reply using the 'Attachments' button. Don't just paste the contents into a reply as it takes up a lot of screen space.

Thank you for the reply. When you mention "information about my system," what are you referring to? The PC I'm on? I am working on an ASUS laptop.

I actually didn't touch it for about a day or two and it finished installing.

However, now when I double-click the desktop icon to launch the program and click on full feature editor, it brings up a black box as if it's loading something, and doesn't actually load anything. I wonder if this will take the same time the initial program install took.

Per the instructions that came with the program, I should be able to click on full feature editor and it will bring up an editing screen once the license key is entered from the CD jacket.

Has anyone had this issue? Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Sometime just installing the software again and it is successful like in this case: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/96550.page . If that doesn’t work then you can always download a fresh new copy of the software from the manufacturer Diamond Multimedia support website.