Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OEM Cyberlink Software Version - I wish to report an issue with Cyberlink PowerRecover tool
Talla2XLC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2022 07:14 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I purchased the Medion Akoya E4075D system from ALDI Australia back in 2013. This computer system comes bundled with various OEM Cyberlink software products, including PowerRecover. In order for this software to work, a separate recovery partition is kept on the Windows hard drisk drive (HDD).

Recently, I decided to upgrade the old HDD on my Medion PC to a new SSD. I cloned my original HDD, including the Cyberlink suite of products, including PowerRecover that came bundled with the Medion Akoya E4075D PC to a new SSD using Acronis.

Now, the original HDD contained a separate, much smaller, partition to recover Windows, in case something goes wrong. I assume this is where the Cyberlink Power Recover software comes into play.

Upon successfully cloning the old HDD to my new SSD, I disconnected the old HDD and successfully booted into Windows within 5 seconds from my new SSD on the Medion Akoya PC. No issues with Cyberlink PowerRecover - nothing.

The old HDD was connected to SATA 1, so I switched SATA cables to connect the new SSD to SATA1. When the SSD was connected to the PC as the "sole drive", everything worked fine.

This evening, I decided to connect my old Seagate HDD to the Medion PC to wipe it. I connected the "old HDD" to SATA3. After checking the boot settings in BIOS, I let it boot.

Unfortunately, now the computer boots directly ONLY into Cyberlink PowerRecover mode from the SSD ONLY. There is no option to boot into Windows, but through Cyberlink PowerRecover.

I have not yet tried booting solely from the old HDD. My question is as follows:

1. If I booted successfully from the SSD upon cloning and carefully connected old HDD, why is it only booting into Cyberlink PowerRecover now?

2. The two options within Cyberlink PowerRecover (unless I want to proceed with recovery process) are "Shut Down" and "Boot", neither of which boot into Windows but back to PowerRecover.3. Clicking the "Next" button in photo shown brings up the pop-up message (please refer attachment) "The program cannot restore the system partition because its structure is incorrect. Please contact customer service."

My issue - If I successfully booted from SSD, then the data within it should be recoverable. Obviously, Cyberlink PowerRecover has identified that the SSD is now "unbootable"? However, it also cannot restore the system partition due to its "incorrect structure"?
Could you please advise as to what I should do next? Obviously, I need to contact Cyberlink's customer service.

I have posted in this forum to make other users aware of this possible issue when cloning hard disk drives containing Cyberlink PowerRecover software, especially Medion Akoya PC's.
Talla2XLC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I purchased the Medion Akoya E4075D system from ALDI Australia back in 2013. This computer system comes bundled with various OEM Cyberlink software products, including PowerRecover. In order for this software to work, a separate recovery partition is kept on the Windows hard drisk drive (HDD).

Recently, I decided to upgrade the old HDD on my Medion PC to a new SSD. I cloned my original HDD, including the Cyberlink suite of products, including PowerRecover that came bundled with the Medion Akoya E4075D PC to a new SSD using Acronis.

Now, the original HDD contained a separate, much smaller, partition to recover Windows, in case something goes wrong. I assume this is where the Cyberlink Power Recover software comes into play.

Upon successfully cloning the old HDD to my new SSD, I disconnected the old HDD and successfully booted into Windows within 5 seconds from my new SSD on the Medion Akoya PC. No issues with Cyberlink PowerRecover - nothing.

The old HDD was connected to SATA 1, so I switched SATA cables to connect the new SSD to SATA1. When the SSD was connected to the PC as the "sole drive", everything worked fine.

This evening, I decided to connect my old Seagate HDD to the Medion PC to wipe it. I connected the "old HDD" to SATA3. After checking the boot settings in BIOS, I let it boot.

Unfortunately, now the computer boots directly ONLY into Cyberlink PowerRecover mode from the SSD ONLY. There is no option to boot into Windows, but through Cyberlink PowerRecover.

I have not yet tried booting solely from the old HDD. My question is as follows:

1. If I booted successfully from the SSD upon cloning and carefully connected old HDD, why is it only booting into Cyberlink PowerRecover now?

2. The two options within Cyberlink PowerRecover (unless I want to proceed with recovery process) are "Shut Down" and "Boot", neither of which boot into Windows but back to PowerRecover.3. Clicking the "Next" button in photo shown brings up the pop-up message (please refer attachment) "The program cannot restore the system partition because its structure is incorrect. Please contact customer service."

My issue - If I successfully booted from SSD, then the data within it should be recoverable. Obviously, Cyberlink PowerRecover has identified that the SSD is now "unbootable"? However, it also cannot restore the system partition due to its "incorrect structure"?
Could you please advise as to what I should do next? Obviously, I need to contact Cyberlink's customer service.

I have posted in this forum to make other users aware of this possible issue when cloning hard disk drives containing Cyberlink PowerRecover software, especially Medion Akoya PC's.
[Thumb - 20220126_210017.jpg]
 Filename
20220126_210017.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Cyberlink PowerRecover menu that comes up upon booting
 Filesize
4965 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
[Thumb - 20220126_211059.jpg]
 Filename
20220126_211059.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Cyberlink pop-up message requiring user to contact Cyberlink customer service
 Filesize
5935 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
14 time(s)
[Thumb - 20220126_211926.jpg]
 Filename
20220126_211926.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
4359 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It has been a while since I cloned a boot drive. Do it the same way you do it as the sata connections are faster than any usb connections. Some bios allow you to turn off booting from other drives. Afterwards, I don't have any problem as I use a usb external drive enclosure on the original boot drive so I don’t have the problems that you describe to make any changes to make it non booting before placing it back in the pc as a second internal drive.

You need to contact Cyberlink support to report this to them as this is a users forum where Cyberlink personnel don’t monitor.
Talla2XLC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It has been a while since I cloned a boot drive. Do it the same way you do it as the sata connections are faster than any usb connections. Some bios allow you to turn off booting from other drives. Afterwards, I don't have any problem as I use a usb external drive enclosure on the original boot drive so I don’t have the problems that you describe to make any changes to make it non booting before placing it back in the pc as a second internal drive.

You need to contact Cyberlink support to report this to them as this is a users forum where Cyberlink personnel don’t monitor.

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I disconnected the cloned SSD, which initially booted fine within 5 seconds into Windows. I can boot fine from original source HDD into Windows. It is the cloned SSD that now does not work.

I understand that the source HDD can be formatted externally, the way you describe it, but had I done that, I would not have presumably been able to boot at all, except from my Windows ISO backup, which would have reformatted the whole drive.

I will get onto Cyberlink Support via phone. I could not use the Cyberlink technical assistance query function, as I do not have the serial number and product key of the product, as it came bundled with the PC.

Ironically, I connected the source HDD to wipe it, before this problem arose. I am lucky it did not happen after I reformatted the source HDD, as I would have lost the source software programs. Yes, I can see the option in BIOS to disable other SATA connections for bootup.

However, an interesting fact to note is that when I connected the source HDD to SATA 3, in BIOS, Windows only showed on SATA 1 (the cloned SSD). I am wondering why the BIOS did not detect a bootable HDD on SATA 3? The SATA ports are not disabled ATM.

AS I am cloning for the first time, from what you are saying, people clone the HDD to SSD. Test the SSD by removing the HDD. They then wipe the source HDD externally, either through another computer or device? My understanding is, irrespective of whether other SATA ports are disabled or not, BIOS looks at SATA1 first, then SATA port 2,3 and 4. If a bootable drive is detected in SATA1, it will automatically boot from it. Will keep you posted.
tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
From your screenshot, click the button on the top left of the PowerRecover window to get a popup menu or screen to view the Build and SR number needed to contact Cyberlink Support.

Don’t want to argue what you perceive as most users do things differently as some may with trial and error.
Talla2XLC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote From your screenshot, click the button on the top left of the PowerRecover window to get a popup menu or screen to view the Build and SR number needed to contact Cyberlink Support.

Don’t want to argue what you perceive as most users do things differently as some may with trial and error.

So, yesterday, I put in both the SSD AND HDD together, the Cyberlink Power Recover window did not show.

Instead, the computer continued hanging on the "Medion" logo. Then, I just put in the SSD to get to the Power Recover window.

To my surprise Windows booted fine from SSD. Then, this morning, with no setting changes, the Power Recover window appeared again.

I have no option to click anywhere to get the serial for this Version 11 SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

Anyway, I have contacted a Cyberlink customer service representative via the "Non-technical" query option. I'll see how it goes.

It seems the SSD will boot into Windows the first time, after connecting, reconnecting it. Then, once you try and boot from SSD a second time, Cyberlink software kicks in for some reason.

So far, I have booted successfully from SSD twice, as follows:

1. the first time I booted successfully from SSD immediately after cloning.

2. The second time I booted successfully from SSD immediately after connecting source HDD and then disconnecting it.

Doesn't make sense.
[Thumb - 20220127_131536.jpg]
 Filename
20220127_131536.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Medion logo with SSD connected to SATA1 AND HDD TO SATA3 - NEITHER WINDOWS NOR POWER RECOVER LOADS
 Filesize
1882 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
[Thumb - 20220128_100243.jpg]
 Filename
20220128_100243.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
POWER RECOVER MENU AGAIN THIS MORNING. UNABLE TO OBTAIN CYBERLINK CONTACT DETAILS BUT POWER RECOVER VERSION NUMBER VISIBLE IN BOTTOM RIGHT.
 Filesize
5493 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 27. 2022 21:15

tomasc [Avatar]
[Post New]
See this article: https://www.pcworld.idg.com.au/review/medion/akoya_e4055_d_md_8365/414462/specs/ . That pc came with win 7 nine years ago. Many users upgraded to win 10 already. Do you really need that recovery partition? You can get rid of it with Disk Management. Your cloning software may also give that capability. I am sure that you may have already done backups over the years to protect yourself from lost data.

You can contact Cyberlink support here: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html . Go to Contact Us/Account, Purchase & Subscription Issues/Others. You can then fill in all the information you want to give them and then Click the Submit button. You could also link your post and attach all those screenshots if you want.