Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2022 - Need to transfer PDRPROJ files Android to Android - Mobile - didnt tansfer to cloud or drive
duttondragoo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2020 08:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have my PDRPROJ files backed up. The projects dont show up on the old Android so I cannot upload to Google Drive. How do I get my new Android and updated PowerDirector app to recognize and use the PDRPROJ files??? Anything else I need - and where do I put the files?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
See if this detailed discussion helps you out.
duttondragoo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote See if this detailed discussion helps you out.

Thanks but all I have left is the PDRPROJ files (the projects were deleted) - is there any way to use the PDRPROJ files?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks but all I have left is the PDRPROJ files (the projects were deleted) - is there any way to use the PDRPROJ files?

In a word, no. Those files simply contains the list of all the edits you'd made in each project. No media clips are contained and those files can't be read by the full PDR version on Windows or Macs, so if you've deleted all the project materials there's nothing that can be done. Sorry for the bad news

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 22. 2022 15:56

duttondragoo [Avatar]
[Post New]

In a word, no. Those files simply contains the list of all the edits you'd made in each project. No media clips are contained and those files can't be read by the full PDR version on Windows or Macs, so if you've deleted all the project materials there's nothing that can be done. Sorry for the bad news

Thanks for replying to me. I have all of the Media files and the Pdrproj files on an SD card ... I just need PowerDirector mobile to Recognize the project.

... Another way to phrase this would be - I used an Android phone with a Power Director Mobile subscription - I saved the Audio, Video, Images AND Pdrproj file to an SD card - Can I tansfer those the SD card to another Android phone and open the project in PowerDirector Mobile (subscription) on the new Android?

If not - what is missing? How can one avoid sending the project to the Cloud - and just send the materials to an SD card?

Past versions of Power Director Mobile allowed you to put the Prdproj file into the PowerDirector folder - and would give you a message / choice about fixing a broken link or file or something like that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2022 18:44

optodata
[Post New]
That's what the linked description discussed. The only challenge is to transfer the backed-up content to a folder on the new device that the PD Mobile app will naturally look for so the project will appear when you open it. If I connect my My Pixel 5 running Android 12 and open up File Explorer on my desktop, the default project folder is \Internal shared storage\PowerDirector\projects
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks for replying to me. I have all of the Media files and the Pdrproj files on an SD card ... I just need PowerDirector mobile to Recognize the project.

... Another way to phrase this would be - I used an Android phone with a Power Director Mobile subscription - I saved the Audio, Video, Images AND Pdrproj file to an SD card - Can I tansfer those the SD card to another Android phone and open the project in PowerDirector Mobile (subscription) on the new Android?

If not - what is missing? How can one avoid sending the project to the Cloud - and just send the materials to an SD card?

Past versions of Power Director Mobile allowed you to put the Prdproj file into the PowerDirector folder - and would give you a message / choice about fixing a broken link or file or something like that.

Hi,

Ideally, to make such a transfer "seamless", you would also have to replicate the original source file(s) location, as the .pdrproj file has the source file locations hard coded.
When I just tried to see if PDRmobile would ask for a location for a missing (moved) file, it didn't give me an option to search, just gave the location and file name under Details.

It may not be an issue if all your media are in one or two locations, but if a project contains media from several locations - Whatsapp, FB, other folders etc. then it becomes more complicated. The following is extracted from a .pdrproj file with multiple sources :

"filePath":"/storage/71E6-11F1/Camera/20180812_144914.mp4"
"filePath":"/storage/emulated/0/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp/Media/WhatsApp Video/VID-20211231-WA0003.mp4"
"filePath":"/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/ScreenRecorder/Screenrecorder-2022-01-08-11-15-08-776.mp4""
for example

For my Nokia android phone the default path is the same as optodata's but my Redmi Note 10 Pro has the following default location
\Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.cyberlink.powerdirector.DRA140225_01\files\projects.

If you could access the original (or similar) phone and pack the projects to GDrive then it would give you a much less complicated process to get your projects back!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
duttondragoo [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Ideally, to make such a transfer "seamless", you would also have to replicate the original source file(s) location, as the .pdrproj file has the source file locations hard coded.
When I just tried to see if PDRmobile would ask for a location for a missing (moved) file, it didn't give me an option to search, just gave the location and file name under Details.

It may not be an issue if all your media are in one or two locations, but if a project contains media from several locations - Whatsapp, FB, other folders etc. then it becomes more complicated. The following is extracted from a .pdrproj file with multiple sources :

"filePath":"/storage/71E6-11F1/Camera/20180812_144914.mp4"
"filePath":"/storage/emulated/0/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp/Media/WhatsApp Video/VID-20211231-WA0003.mp4"
"filePath":"/storage/emulated/0/DCIM/ScreenRecorder/Screenrecorder-2022-01-08-11-15-08-776.mp4""
for example

For my Nokia android phone the default path is the same as optodata's but my Redmi Note 10 Pro has the following default location
\Internal shared storage\Android\data\com.cyberlink.powerdirector.DRA140225_01\files\projects.

If you could access the original (or similar) phone and pack the projects to GDrive then it would give you a much less complicated process to get your projects back!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hi - I keep all of my media in 1 file per project so I can find it and the linking / file pointing is consistent (thanks for the tip though).

My problem is that I transfer a pdrproj file to the PowerDirector (mobile) directory on my new android but PowerDirector doesnt see It when I open the app. It doesnt show the project for me to try to open.

I dont own a desktop - would it help?
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Hi - I keep all of my media in 1 file per project so I can find it and the linking / file pointing is consistent (thanks for the tip though).

My problem is that I transfer a pdrproj file to the PowerDirector (mobile) directory on my new android but PowerDirector doesnt see It when I open the app. It doesnt show the project for me to try to open.

I dont own a desktop - would it help?

Hi,
OK, so I built a simple project with just a colour board (to avoid any issues with media locations) on my Nokia. Transferred it to my PC - just for ease of file handling - and then transferred it to my Note 10 Pro.

Opened PDRMobile, which then gave me a dialogue box "Broken project detected - do you want to restore it"> OK and the project became available.

However, I also note that there is a file .projlist that contains the details of all the project files on the device - presumably a form of index? Obviously, the transferred project was not on that list on the Note 10 Pro, but after the restore process the .projlist file increased to include the transferred file.

Perhaps this may be something to check in your transfer process?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Thumb - Projlist.PNG]
 Filename
Projlist.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
24 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)