Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transparent video
DejaViews [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 17, 2019 10:26 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I want to make a re-useable scrolling credits video which I can overlay on various new videos.
So the content will be opaque but the background will be transparent.
I tried using a black background and chromakeying it out.
As a test - If there was a video track above it, I could see through the background - great, so far.
But if I muted that layer and produed the video - the finished video had a solid black opaque background - NOT what I wanted.
Any ideas on how to keep that background transparent in a new video I can use as a future overlay?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 16. 2022 10:11

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PD can both import and work with true alpha transparency clips, but there is no alpha channel support when producing. Best one can do is use proper background and chroma key.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
All you need to do is save a project with the scrolling credits on the timeline as desired.

Each time you want to produce a new video, start with that "master" project and use Save As to give it a new project name. You can then place the new content on tracks above the credits and won't need to use chroma-keying because the credits will remain transparent inside each project
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want to make a re-useable scrolling credits video which I can overlay on various new videos.
So the content will be opaque but the background will be transparent.

Any ideas on how to keep that background transparent in a new video I can use as a future overlay?

When it is just scrolling text you can save the scrolling credits as a Title Template and re-use this template each time. A title has at default a transparent background.