Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
So Powerdvd and ATI 5000 series cards still dont Bit Stream
marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 22:48 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I cant believe that either ATI or Powerdvd seem to care that they both make claims regarding their products being able to Bitstream Audio for True-HD and DTS-Master audio voer the HDMI and it simply doesnt work for 50% of the people out there. Ati informs me that it is Powerdvds Software, Powerdvd tells me its ATIs drivers, I just want a fucking answer! The only information i get out of them is that sorry your SONY AVR is having issues with the Hardware/Software. Oh well i guess i will tell anyone i know to not support either company anymore do to the lack of respect of their customers.
david [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2010 06:34 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Totaly, agree with you, I have same trouble, I have done everythings possible : patchs, drivers.....
I have a MSI HD 5870 anl a ONKYO AVR

Joe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2008 17:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
There is a way to fix it but you have to be willing to install a patch made by an AVSForum member. I suggest going there and looking for a post by someone named Tulli for an 'EDID override'. Some people claim to have success with installing that for receivers that aren't working. Otherwise it's said that the 10.1 or 10.2 ATI drivers will fix this issue. Something about an EDID parsing problem. I don't know. You can give it a try though.
marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tullis patch does not work for Sony AVRs allready tried it he even tried to make me a custom one.
Joe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Damn! That really sucks. I guess you have to wait for ATI to get a working driver out then. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

please try Catalyst 9.12

BR
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Joe [Avatar]
[Post New]
With all due respect, that advice is not helpful. First off, you want the 9.12 hotfix, not just Catalyst 9.12. For most of us, the most stable environment seems to be the 9.12 hotfix with the Realtek ATI HDMI 2.39 driver. That would be a better recommendation. However, I don't think either piece of advice is going to help this issue.
marc [Avatar]
[Post New]
Those did not resolve the issue, even with the Hotfix. Problem has to be Ati, when I'm using 5 series card I also can't select the proper refresh rate. When I put my Powercolor 4830 card everything works except TrueHd audio and Dts Master due to the cards lack of support but It will properly work with my Sony AVR. I'm waiting for the new Cats out hopefully soon, if not I might just forget the whole thing and sell my 5 series card and wait for better support.
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
I had bitstreaming via an HD5xxx card working with the patch released on 27th November 2009 but it now doesn't work with the latest patch.

I rolled back to the previous patch and it still doesn't work.