Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Capture problem in Windows Vista
Terry [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Coleraine, Northern Ireland Joined: Feb 13, 2007 03:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Can anyone out there help with a compatibility issue in Windows Vista?
I have a trial version of PowerDirector 5 which works fine on my XP Home PC but when installed on my Vista Premium PC the Video Capture preview window usually freezes (video & sound) after a few frames. This happens in both play and record mode. The capture will occassionally work, for no apparent reason, in approx 2 out of every 50 attempts. I am using a Sony DCR-IP7E MicroMV format camera connected via Firewire Port and the combination imports flawlessly into Vista's MovieMaker. The PowerDirector Vista patch cannot be installed into the trial version and Technical Support tell me it is not needed for this problem. All the latest drivers are installed on my PC and I have removed and reinstalled the software but the problem remains. I do not want to purchase the full version of the software if it is not Vista Ready as claimed.
Terry [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Coleraine, Northern Ireland Joined: Feb 13, 2007 03:42 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I have purchased full version of PD5 and installed the 2505a patch but I still cannot capture from movie camera via firewire port using PD5 on my Vista PC. *** Vista's MovieMaker will import from camera flawlessly! *** I can capture from the same camera and firewire card using PD5 installed on my old XP PC. Support don't seem able to offer any solution other than the usual stock answers. I would like to hear of other peoples experience of PD5 with Vista
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Terry,

I've posted you a PM of what action I have taken. I'll contact you when I have an answer.

Dafydd