Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrade your PowerDVD 5/6 to PowerDVD 7 on Vista
CyberLink [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 09, 2006 21:50 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Forum Members,
Some customers have complained about the process of upgrading PowerDVD 5/6 to PowerDVD 7 in Windows Vista.

Here are the two scenarios and solutions for upgrade:

1. For users upgrading their PC from Windows XP to Windows Vista, with PowerDVD 5/6 installed, PowerDVD 7 should be able to detect existing versions and proceed with the upgrade without any problems.

2. If you reformat your existing Windows XP hard drive and install Windows Vista on a completely clean computer, you may be unable to reinstall some versions of PowerDVD 5/6 due to the fact that they are not fully compatible with Windows Vista.

For scenario 2, please submit an inquiry to the CyberLink customer support team in the Members Zone (http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html). After providing your CD key and some information about your situation, we will provide you with a base version of PowerDVD for upgrading to version 7 in Windows Vista.

We're sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused and we will try our best to make the upgrade process easier in the coming versions.

Thank you.
CyberLink

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2009 07:34

ufim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 27, 2007 12:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i tried upgrading from 5 to 7 today the downloand will not take and
also now can not delete the download even though it is not fully downloaed and can not delete perviuos versin to reinstal

Quote: Dear Forum Members,
Some customers have complained about the process of upgrading PowerDVD 5/6 to PowerDVD 7 in Windows Vista.

1. For users upgrading their PC from Windows XP to Windows Vista, with PowerDVD 5/6 installed, PowerDVD 7 should be able to detect existing versions and proceed with the upgrade without any problems.

2. If you reformat your existing Windows XP hard drive and install Windows Vista on a completely clean computer, you may be unable to reinstall some versions of PowerDVD 5/6 due to the fact that they are not fully compatible with Windows Vista.

For scenario 2, please submit an inquiry to the CyberLink customer support team in the Members Zone (http://www.cyberlink.com/english/cs/support/new_site/support_index.html). After providing your CD key and some information about your situation, we will provide you with a base version of PowerDVD for upgrading to version 7 in Windows Vista.

We're sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused and we will try our best to make the upgrade process easier in the coming versions.

Thank you.
CyberLink
ho [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2007 19:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i tried upgrading from 5 to 7 today the downloand will not take and
also now can not delete the download even though it is not fully downloaed and can not delete perviuos versin to reinstal

Thank you.
CyberLink
Marco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2007 16:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i tried upgrading from 5 to 7 today the downloand will not take and

Thank you.
CyberLink
Marco [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 01, 2007 16:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you.
CyberLink
Pointman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 25, 2007 06:50 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi! I purchased online 5 days ago the Upgrade to PowerDVD 7 Deluxe from 4.0/5.0 versions. I was not able to download the upgrade as I could not get passed clicking on 'Yes' to accept the terms and conditions - it simply froze! Support sent me a link to download the full version (so I deleted my old V5 file) but it would not accept the passwords given! I then did a download and saved the program through element5. But, because I have uninstalled V5 it stops the install wizard 3/4 the way through and says it can't find an XP version installed! I have been trying to download and install the upgrade for 5 days and Support has not responded now for 2 days!! Not a happy person!!!
h [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2006 18:18 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Thank you.
CyberLink
Fumio [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 26, 2007 07:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]

Thank you.
CyberLink
goodfriend [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2008 03:59 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Share : how to rip DVD and convert Video to iPod
Share : how to convert dvd and video to iphone
Share : how to convert dvd and video to zune
Share : how to convert dvd and video to psp
Share : how to convert dvd and video to Apple TV
Armin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 15, 2008 13:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi! I purchased online 5 days ago the Upgrade to PowerDVD 7 Deluxe from 4.0/5.0 versions. I was not able to download the upgrade as I could not get passed clicking on 'Yes' to accept the terms and conditions - it simply froze! Support sent me a link to download the full version (so I deleted my old V5 file) but it would not accept the passwords given! I then did a download and saved the program through element5. But, because I have uninstalled V5 it stops the install wizard 3/4 the way through and says it can't find an XP version installed! I have been trying to download and install the upgrade for 5 days and Support has not responded now for 2 days!! Not a happy person!!!

I asked for a free basic upgrade to PowerDVD 7.0. a week ago. I am still waiting to hear from tech support.
whatty [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 04, 2008 03:37 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Would be good if I get a response!!! Thanks in advance!

I have just tried to upgrade from a working registered PowerDVD7.3 Ultra version by purchasing the upgrade version of "Upgrade to PowerDVD 8 Ultra from 7 Ultra (Download version) "

It then tells me I need Version 6 and above to continue!!

Please help!!

My accounts and online keys look good

Vista 64
Matt [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 20, 2008 12:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Don't! Get a free working DVD player at:

http://files.uberdownloads.com/software/media-player/media-player-classic.html

You do have to decline some add-ons but it works on Vista Business and it's completely free.