Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problem with Power DVD8 Bundle Edition
Joe83 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 19, 2009 01:10 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello guys, I had to unistall the program cause it stoped working. Now when re-installing, it is asking me for CD:1 when the package only came with one disc. Any idea? WIN 7 64-BIT

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2009 01:20

Stock [Avatar]
Member Location: UK Joined: Jul 08, 2006 11:43 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
Have you tried a manual uninstall you may have some crap left over from previously uninstalling PDVD.

http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=6700&prodId=1&prodVerId=454
Joe83 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I could install it but when aplying the patch Lite-On.3228U_TaRe43_DVD090826-07, I get an error code 1402 and 1603.
Stock [Avatar]
[Post New]
These are MS Windows Installer error codes 1402 indicates a permissions error in the registry, and 1603 means you need to reboot your machine as some files are in use.

Did you try to install the update as an admin, or std user acc?

If so try and install as an admin.

If you google the error codes you will find a MS kb article although refers to MS Office should still apply to PDVD.

There are also some references to these errors in these forums.

Glad I installed in Windows 7 32bit, 64bit seems to be more problematic.
Joe83 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yep, always had run under adm privilege and getting the error. Kinda frustrating....
Stock [Avatar]
[Post New]
Joe

Have you tried the compatibility options when installing PDVD 8 in W7. I had to do this with WinDVD 9+BR worked perfectly in the W7 RC but not the RTM initial install worked ok as soon as you patch bang no longer works.

The only other thing I can suggest is contacting tech support see if they would be kind enough to supply a link to a fully patched version of 8, trouble is I think they will probably say 8 is not compatible with 64 bit versions of Windows.

Joe83 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I will try that. The program was working perfectly and all of a sudden stooped working and now can't even install a patch. The test was a full green light the first time and now it's a red light in the operating system.