Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How often does Cyberlink release an update / fix to their product?
Christopher [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 02, 2009 11:20 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a new customer for Cyberlink product (Power Director in particular). I just wanted to know, how often does Cyberlink release bug fixes also, do they release a roadmap that list the timeline and fixes that are going to be in their next patch updates?

Thanks! -------------------------------------------------------
My System Information:
-------------------------------------------------------

System : HP Pavilion Elite e9280t | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit | CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz | RAM: 9GB | Video: ATI Radeon HD 4650 | HDD: Seagate 1TB | Sound: Integrated Realtek 7.1 Channel sound | DirectX Version: 11
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think there is a set schedule, but they seem to come about every 4 months or so. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Christopher [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I don't think there is a set schedule, but they seem to come about every 4 months or so.

Thanks. Also, how often do they release a new version? Do they have new version every year? And when they release a new version, do they continue to support the older version in terms of bug fixes? i.e. are they still releasing bug fix for PD7 now that they have PD8?

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2009 12:58

My System Information:

System : HP Pavilion Elite e9280t | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit | CPU: Intel Core i7 920 2.67GHz | RAM: 9GB | Video: ATI Radeon HD 4650 | HDD: Seagate 1TB | Sound: Integrated Realtek 7.1 Channel sound | DirectX Version: 11
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I'm estimating, but probably every year to 18 months, and as far as I know, once the new version is out there are no more bug fixes for older versions. The bug fixes already released remain available on the download page, though. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Christopher [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks! -------------------------------------------------------
My System Information: