Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clips needs to be rendered
NIKI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 21, 2009 17:47 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Dear guys and girls

Im trying to edit a Sony Highdif. videoclip movie.
But in Powerdirector, the clips are showing like half the speed.

Some prof. editing guys, who usually use Mac and Final Cut, tells me that I need to render my clips.

But how and where do I do this?
I feel that ive been searcing this forum, and the program it self.. But no help.

I hope you can help me, and this will solve my problem.

Thanks

NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
.. when I add a movieclip to the timeline, and chose the menu top left-->View--->SVRT Information, and press the "Update SVRT info", it tells me that both the sound and video has to be rendered. The clip gets a red line on top of it, and the description for the line-colours tells me, that red means "Video and audio rendering requied 100%".

Is this where I render the clips or?
I used to be supposed to click "Next" I guess.. But the button is untouchable for some reason..?
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
To 'render' in Powerdirector, you click the 'Produce' tab after you've added your clips and done the basic editing on the the timeline.

Then you will be able to select the output format (render format) for your video. Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Niki,

Just some added information, as I use a Sony HD camera too with m2ts files. The Produce tab as OnTheWeb pointed out, is where you Produce(Render) your final output.

The SVRT information will tell you what type of file output would not require rendering when you finally output your project. I attached an image showing the selections I made to get the Yellow Bar (Audio Rendering only). The reason for this (I think) is the original video is in 5.1 surround sound and the Project is in Stereo.

Kevin
[Thumb - 2009_12_11_13_12_44.jpg]
 Filename
2009_12_11_13_12_44.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
SVRT information for Sony m2ts file with 5.1 audio
 Filesize
92 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
171 time(s)

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you guys.

It is pretty difficult to add the clips to the line and split them up so I have the final video.
Because when I press start, the clips run in like half speed. The seconds and sound is real, but the picture on the clips run like half speed.

I tryed on my laptop computer, and maybe the computer is not powerfull enough, and thats why the clips dont run perfectly...

But.
So this means,, that there is no "Render clip" button in Cyberlink Powerdirector, except you create you hole movie and press Produce (and then the program render the clips to run more smooth) ?
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Niki,

I think you have it exactly right!! Without knowing the exact specifics of your laptop, I am sure it is working overtime to process the video in the timeline.

It is possible to lower the resolution of the PREVIEW window and it will run a bit smoother. The button is located directly beneath the "Time Display" of the PREVIEW Window, and you have three choices (High, Normal and Low). You do lose visual quality if you lower it, but it does NOT change the quality of your final production.

Good Luck! Happy Editing!

Kevin
NIKI [Avatar]
[Post New]
Why are you guys so friendly and kind in this forum?
I really like your responses!

On many forums, people get angry if I ask newbie questions like those.

Thanks - I gotta try this!

:
Cap'n Kevin
[Post New]
Thanks NIKI for noticing!!

Actually most of us are grumpy old farts who kick their dogs and yell at the kids in real life, we only play humorous and considerate advisors in this forum!!

Seriously though, I feel that most of us in this forum remember what it was like to be new and unfamiliar with something, and are aware of how to approach a problem from that point of view. I am constantly learning something about Power Director from being involved with this forum.

You had a nice way of asking your questions and that in itself invites positive feedback!! There is nothing that shuts my brain down more than to have a new member post his very first question and BLAME all his lifes problems on Cyberlink, Power Director and the members of this forum because something doesn't work right. He/She has the very latest, most expensive system money can buy, Decagon Processor, Zillion gigs of Ram, and a holographic virtual reality Video Card. He says that Power Director is a piece of junk because he can't produce his Office party Christmas slideshow to a DVD and demands an answer Pronto!!

And then one of our core members asks, (for dramatic purposes only) "was his computer plugged into the power outlet?" And then they respond very indignantly that "Of course it's plugged in, do you think I am an idiot?" And then a few hours later he adds an additional post saying, "Thanks for the help,I didn't realize that my computer wasn't plugged in."

It happens ALL the time, more than I could possibly imagine. But somehow we all keep up a great sense of humor and continue answering questions. For me, I Love it when someone has the "A Ha Moment" and the lightbulb goes on and they are on their way to finishing a project. That is deeply satisfying because you are enabling someone to CREATE. What could be better than that!!

Thanks again for your positive comments!!

Warm Regards,
Kevin

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 12. 2009 10:03