Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Music Magic and Videos question
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I managed to use the Magic Music with a short slideshow (17 pics) and it works great. I did a Ctrl+Shift to select each picture.

In this same project, I also have about 20+ short videos which I'd also like to use Music Magic (I still cannot sync on my own with my mp3s to all the video clips) to sync background music to those short videos.

Is there a better way then using Ctrl+Shift to select all the videos in one go so I can add the background music?

Is there also a way to reduce the volume of the background music so it's not that imposing when the video is played?

Rgds
Patrick
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Patrick -

If I understand you correctly, you have a number of clips & you'd like a music background.

Do you want (a) the same music throughout or (b) a different track for each clip?

If (a), you could produce that batch of clips to a file, then replace the batch of clips with the produced file... THEN go to Magic Music.

I can't remember why you can't use your own. Can you remind me?

To select all clips in the library, use ctrl+A. To select all the clips in the timeline, click on the first, hold shift & click on the last.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony
Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to use the same music througout. Where and how can I produce that batch of clips to a file?

If I use my own music, I could never sync it to the exact length to my clips.

I knew there was a better way. I was using the incorrect shortcut keys.

How do I reduce the volume of the background music so it dont drown out some of the sound of the video?

If different track for each clip, I just highlight that clip in the timeline and add the tracks?

Rgds
Patrick
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Patrick -

Production
1. Place the clips in the timeline you want to combine... in a new project if you like.
2. Add transitions or whatever you want included.
3. Click produce & select your format/profile.
4. Click Start.
(When it's finished, your new combo video will be in "Documents" unless you tell it to go elsewhere.)
5. Remove the original clips from the timeline.
6. Insert your combo video into the timeline.
7. Click Magic Music & make your selections.
8. When you're happy, click Produce again.
(Now you'll have one combo video without music & another with music.)
9. The one with music can be inserted back into your original project (with the slide show).

Volume
In the Audio Mixing Room, you can use the sliders for each track to change (a) the volume of the whole track or (b) make it go up and down as you wish.

What I do with Music (when all I want to do is make them start & finish together)
1. Complete the visual side of the production, noting the total duration.
2. Open Audacity (freeware) and import the track(s) I want.
3. I edit the tracks to include the sections I want and make sure it matches the duration of the video.
4. Export the project as a WAV or mp3 file.
5. Import it into PD8 & drop in in the music track.
(I'd like to point out that almost all of that can be done in almost the same way in PD8... it's just that I am used to Audacity and I like what I can do with it.)

If I can do it, anyone can... and that (naturally) includes YOU!

Cheers - Tony
Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Tony.
Rgds
Pat
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Patrick,

Tony answered all your questions very well. While all that was happening I was experimenting with making a brief tutorial to assist you. It's my first....I was having fun trying to make something to help you SEE it better.

It may not be exactly what you were looking for, but you might see something of interest....besides the end of my tutorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d8dz8SRGs8

Kevin

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Dec 10. 2009 10:06

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
Patrick [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Kev.
I'll watch it tonight. Youtube is blocked in the office :

Rgds
Pat
ynotfish
[Post New]
Kevin -

What an excellent tutorial... mate - you might have a future. Between you, Carsten, Dafydd and Adrian... there's a wealth of teaching talent. Congratulations on your first one, & I'm looking forward to others.

It's quite humbling when you stop to look at the range of talent just in this little forum.

Cheers & regards to all the talented ones -

Tony

oh - & regards to the rest of us too.