Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sound for Video/Audio Track
Richard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 12, 2007 09:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quick question...(problem a dumb one) i just started doing Video editing and i downloaded the trial for PD5 and im having alot of trouble with the Audio Mixer. I want to play the sound from the video with the audio track that i added to my movie still playing. Is this possible to have audio from both my music track and my video clip playing at the same time at different levels? I played around with the audio mixer alot last night but it could never play both at the same time...Is this cause im using the trial version?? (I think thats the reason why its not working but before i buy PD5 i wanna make sure it can do this)

When i used the audio mixer i had the video at medium volume and the music at lower just so u could kind of hear it in the background...but it didnt work...

Hope im explaining what i wanna do well...thanks

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 12. 2007 12:12

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I think the image will show you the answer...changing the audio level is easy. Playng all...just select "Movie" in the player.

Dafydd
 Filename
screen194.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Quick answer...using the image
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
36 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2007 13:01

Richard [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did this...ill play around with it tonight.

But i should be able to hear both the video audio and the music audio..correct? Cause i could never get both of these to play...

Thanks for getting back to me.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I did this...ill play around with it tonight.

But i should be able to hear both the video audio and the music audio..correct? Cause i could never get both of these to play...

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, you should.

Each Clip plays separately unless you opt for "Movie" in the player.

See image.

Dafydd
 Filename
screen195.gif
[Disk]
 Description
Movie to view and hear all time-lines
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 12. 2007 16:05

Richard [Avatar]
[Post New]
still cant get both sounds to play at the same time..only one will play

Im wondering if this is cause im using the trial version?? Before i buy the regular version i wanna make sure i can do this.

I have a music file in the music track and video file with sound in the video section..yet only one will produce sound when i hit movie and play...not sure what else i can do. Went audio mixing and put one up really loud and the other kind of soft...put both at the same volume...still no good...
Richard [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think i may have figured it out finally..it had something to do with the two video files which i was doing it with cause as soon as i tried it with another clip it worked...(bout to try two more to see if it works..ill keep my fingers crossed!)
Kelvin [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2007 23:48 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Did it ever work? I'm having the same problem, it plays but its delayed and it stops the other clip from playing