Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power2go download problem
Kelzz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 11, 2007 14:23 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have downloaded Power2go...but I keep getting this message when I try to open it -

The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attemping to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again.

I have tried again & again....it does not work. Does anyone have any suggestions of what the problem may be??

Thanks, Kelzz

Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2007 19:22 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using a download accelerator? If so, don't use it for this download.
Second, the file may have been corrupted during the download. First, try re-downloading it. Before you do so,

* be sure that your browser is not set to automatically disconnect after a certain number of minutes of inactivity (in Internet Explorer, under Connection Settings, be sure that "Disconnect if idle for __ minutes" is unchecked.)
* consider disabling your screen saver, to ensure that it does not interfere with the download.
* if you have a lot of other programs running while trying to download, that may be the problem too. Stop or exit any unneeded programs.

If you've tried the remedies suggested and nothing works...
Try clearing your cached web pages:

* In Internet Explorer, select View/Internet Options, then, under "Temporary Internet Files", click "Delete Files,"
* In Netscape, select Edit/Preferences, then, under the "Advanced" category, select "Cache". Then click "Clear Memory Cache" and/or "Clear Disk Cache."

Corrupt files happen more often at peak usage times on the net, so try a time that has less usage----and would be faster.

Are you using dial-up for downloading? If so, connection speed could be the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2007 23:52