Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
POwerdvd 9 ultra patch 2320 problem
JEAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2008 08:08 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, since i have installed powerdvd 9 ultra patch 2320 i have two problems :

1) the truetheater effect icon button on the bottom of cyberlink windows near more functions button disappear when i read a dvd, before patch 2320 i had no problem.

2) since patch 2320 when i read a blu ray the color are very light and the black aren't very dark, i use nvidia gtx 275 with 195.62 driver.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 04. 2009 04:19

JEAN [Avatar]
[Post New]
I also notice that in advanced video settings menu i can't change the color control setting since patch 2320.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 06. 2009 11:22

JAMES [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2009 09:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I suspect this is a compatability issue with nVidia drivers 195.62

PowerDVD was working for me previously, but have had to do a clean install of Windows 7 (due to the OS completely freezing while connected to the internet - and no easy solution...)

Just re-installed Windows 7, and updated nVidia to latest drivers.
Then installed original download of PowerDVD (2029) and it wouldn't work with my graphics drivers at all...
BD_Advisor agreed the drivers wouldn't work despite the fact they are more recent than the recommended 174.53 driver...
So patched PowerDVD to 2320
And now, it at least tries to play... It plays a very slow slide show of dark screens, one slightly tinted red, one blue, and one green, followed by a very short burst of noise, - and repeat. The time counter processes VERY slowly, as though it is playing at something like one quarter of a frame a second !

My sound drivers et al. are the same versions as on my previous Windows install - I'm pretty certain only the graphics drivers are more recent than I used previously...

Shame that the requirements of nVidia "v174.53 or later" is NOT necessarily true, and that 195.62 doesn't seem to work.

But then 195.62 is a Beta driver, (afaik), so perhaps we don't have reason to complain... And yet, I can't help feeling that Graphics driver versions are about the bleeding edge of 3D gaming, and NOT video playback.

So, all in all, I think Cyberlink are pretty rubbish, and PowerDVD yet again shows how damn sensitive it is to what should be a relatively small change.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit

PowerDVD9 Ultra version (2029)
Patched to 2320 (CyberLink.2320_R1(TaRe45)_DVD091117-01.exe)

Geforce GTX 280M SLi
Geforce 195.62 whql drivers for windows 7 64bit
[i.e. v8.17.11.9562 ]

IDT High Definition Audio
IDT 92HD73C1 Audio Driver, Version A02, v6.10.0.6233

Single display on laptop screen (1920x1200)
JEAN [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had made a clean install of windows 7 64 bits and installed nvidia 191.07 driver with cyberlink powerdvd 9 ultra 2320 and still the same problem so the problem come's from powerdvd, i think powerdvd isn't able to use the color setting.
JAMES [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 11, 2009 09:55 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]

To make myself a bit clearer - although I call it a compatibility issue with a graphics driver - I still lay the blame on PowerDVD and Cyberlink.

I just can't believe drivers change so much that video playback should stop working... even high def playback.

[[ From a developers point of view, I'm guessing that Cyberlink are rather amateurish programmers who have tied down their software at too low a level, instead of using higher level Direct 3D calls - so small changes break their software too often.]]

Also, 195.62 isn't a Beta release, so my opinion of Cyberlink is even lower.

Anyway, reverting back to old 186.40 drivers has solved my PowerDVD issues.

So now I'm on the hunt for the latest version in between 186.40 and 195.62 that will actually work...

To be honest, I wish I'd never wasted my money on PowerDVD. And I certainly don't recommend it to anyone else I know.
DAVID [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 05, 2009 17:41 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
The 2320 patch causes most of the controls to quit working for me. I can play, pause, and stop, nothing else. I have tried reinstalling, both from my original LG provided disk + upgrade 1719, also from 1510, which does not like my LG blu-ray drive. All is fine until I use the 2320 update, then the same result every time. I have gone round several times with customer support, they only know how to say reinstall, and don't seem to have a clue. I also am sorry I ever bought this crap. My powerdirector 8 also won't burn a disk, but I can take the file it produces and burn it with Nero Vision. I didn't think that any customer support could be worse than Dell, but I have found a new low.