Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Synching Music with Slideshow
Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Good Morning.

I started a new project last night and I had a hell of a time trying to sync music to my slideshow. My slideshow is abot 2min 44 sec. I found an mp3 about 2mins 57s or something close. In the Music Preference tab, I have the Fade In/Fade Out checked. I adjusted the trim ( I thiink)..or was it the mark the start and end icons to no avail. The manual shows that this can be done but not how to do it. The background still stops abruptly even when I have Fade Out checked. Driving me nuts I spent about 1 hr trying to sync with no luck.

Finally I opted to use Music Magic instead. I adjusted the length of the music to match the length of the slideshow and it worked perfectly.

Would one kind sole please give me fool proof instructions on how to sync music to slideshow?

Many Thanks
Patrick

Patrick [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Sydney, Australia Joined: Nov 24, 2009 17:04 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Bump
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Pat -

Bumping doesn't help... but your other idea seemed to get some attention... a bit silly really, isn't it?

If you firstly trimmed the music to an appropriate length, then adjusted fade ins/outs, there is no reason why it shouldn't be in alignment.

On the timeline, was the music track (visually) about the same length as the slide show (video track)?

Or are you referring to using one of the slide show templates? If so, you'd want to check "Fit music to photos".

Obviously the magic thing cast its spell, but I can't see a reason why it wasn't working for you the other way. Tell us more.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!