Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
BATCH PRODUCE does not work properly
VBRoger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2008 18:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Batch convert SHOULD create mpg files that are consistant with the ASPECT RATIO that is set in the project files. 4:3 or 16:9 etc..

IF I have a 4:3 project open, AND THEN load up the batch produce function, then ALL of the produced mpg files are in the 4:3 aspect ratio. EVEN THOUGH I have selected 16:9 in each of those projects that I am batching.

IF I have a 16:9 project open, then the produced files are in 16:9 format.

Anybody else notice this?

When will it be fixed?

VBRoger/VBDavie VBRoger ' VBDavie
creators of www.photojockey.com
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for pointing this out. I informed the developers and testers, and it will be fixed.

I will let you know when it gets in a patch update.

Regards,
David
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
VBRogers,
What is the DV tape you are using? Has it been used previously?

Why? If an old tape is used then PD may set itself on the parameters in the original tape coding. I've had this happen when I used DVTape.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Xerox [Avatar]
Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Aug 09, 2009 01:36 Messages: 446 Offline
[Post New]
I notice the same thing as VBRoger.

If the project I have open is 4:3, then the projects added to the batch produce list will also be 4:3 when produced. If the project I have open is 16:9, then the projects added to the batch produce list will also be 16:9 when produced.

I used Nature.mpg as the test clip.
VBRoger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2008 18:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd;

I am not using DV tape. I have no tapes. I only use MPGs, AVIs etc that I download or create through conversions. NO DV tapes. DV Tapes have ZERO to do with this problem. It's a bug, plain and simple, and I'm very happy to see that CLD has forwarded this on to development. Very pleased CLD. Thanks

VBDavie/VBRoger VBRoger ' VBDavie
creators of www.photojockey.com