Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Custom BitRate for "Create Disc" tab
VBRoger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2008 18:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
This whole program is very nice, but in the end, I cant create a DVD with 3 hours of video at a resolution of 720x480 from the Create Disc tab.

I KNOW I can use the Produce tab and create those videos and then suck in the MPG files into SOME OTHER DVD Authoring system to create my DVD Menu system. But that is a huge hassle, very big.

QUESTION:
WHY doesn't Cyberlink want to allow us paid customers the ability to select the resolution that we want?

There is no way to do it. I have to use DVDStyler to make my final dvd image folder.

Greeeeee

VBRoger/VBDavie VBRoger ' VBDavie
creators of www.photojockey.com
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Use "Smart Fit" for quality in the Create Disc interface and it will drop the bitrate to fit the DVD media size you specified.

Jeff
VBRoger [Avatar]
[Post New]
WOW, thanks for the fast reply.

Sadly though, your answer was EXACTLY what I expected to hear. Your answer IS NOT a solution. If you knew what "Smart Fit" does, then you would fully realize the dilema.

SMART FIT, sure enough, drops the bitrate, AND IT DROPS THE RESOLUTION, down to 352x480 or 352,240 DEPENDING on how many hours of video you have. For example: If you have less than 66 minutes or so, then you are lucky and get to keep the high resolution of 752x480. BUT, if you are unlucky enough to go over that time limit, then you are SCREWED out of your resolution. It cuts it in half.

SO, since you had no idea that this was going on in the "SmartFit" function, I suggest, you go back and review some of your older projects that were LONGER than let's say 70 minutes and view them with a media player that will tell you the resolution (I use VLC player) and then you will be sadly disappointed.

Sorry to disappoint, but I need and appearantly... you need... a solution to this fact that Cyberlink will not give us a custom bitrate.

Thanks
VBRoger/VBDavie VBRoger ' VBDavie
Cap'n Kevin
Senior Contributor Location: Chebeague Island, Maine Joined: Dec 26, 2008 20:22 Messages: 2011 Offline
[Post New]
VBRoger,

I've two observations in reading this post.

1. JL gave a completely logical answer based on the limited amount of information in your original question. If you EXPECTED that answer I would suggest you now LIST in order of priority ALL the answers you expect to hear. This will then save the members valuable time in responding by eliminating your anticipated answers.

2. If someone else was reading this post they would TEND to be reluctant to post an answer with the possibility of their answer being ridiculed and rejected by the questioner.

Kevin

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2009 15:53

Check out PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials and more! Over 5,000 Subscribers.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Whilst I'm sure Jeff can stick up for himself, I suggest VBRoger reviews Jeff's posting history before launching off into an unwarranted, and singularly unhelpful, put down.

I venture to suggest that I, and probably others, would put rather more weight on Jeff's answers on a burning topic than I would on an unknown A.N. Other

Cheers
Adrian

Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
VBRoger [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll make it simple.

Read my original post... where I said I wanted 3 HOURS of video at the high resolution of 720x480. And where I said I wanted to be able to control the bitrate AND the resolution.

THEN read the reply that I got about "SmartFit". If any of you, who rose up to criticise my remarks, actually knew what smartfit does, then you would realize that it's NOT an anwer to my question. It does NOT keep the high resolution of 720x480.

SO, when I said that the answer was exactly as I expected, what I meant was that I expected to get an answer that was not really an answer to my question. And as you all now realize, that's what I got. And instead of pointing me into the correct direction or giving me an answer that was actually a solution to my problems and many other people's problems, you decided to attack my dissappointment. Very interesting.

BTW, I will make clear what kind of answer that I DO wish to have so ... as some one said... so that I don't waste peoples time in deciding what to reply.

What I want for an answer is an ANSWER. An answer that allows me and others to put 3 hours of video (IE: More than 1.2 hours) onto a 4.7DVD AND that does NOT reduce my resolution down. IE: I want to keep the res at the high end, 720x480. That is what I want an answer to.

Thanks
VBDavie/VBRoger VBRoger ' VBDavie
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
VBRoger said :
I'll make it simple.

Read my original post... where I said I wanted 3 HOURS of video at the high resolution of 720x480.

And where I said I wanted to be able to control the bitrate AND the resolution.

Really?

I'll make it simple, and point you in the right direction - read your own original post and get off your high horse.

We are all just users who volunteer our time and experience - no-one owes you anything on this forum.

If you want answers contact (or even shout at) Cyberlink.

Best of luck.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]

VBRoger you've had a number of replies to your topic from members.

Post locked.

Dafydd
[Moderator]