Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cyberlink powerdirector cannot log into YouTube server error message
Markie [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 26, 2009 13:18 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
This started yesterday...everything was fine and then..boom, can't upload anything. Support tells me to do ridiculous things that make no sense and don't work...if it is a You Tube thing then they should figure it out and let us know as I need to use this service most of the time and it takes forever to directly upload to You Tube...anybody have any suggestions? Any answers?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Please read this Marcus.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8984.page

Dafydd
[Moderator]

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2009 13:52

Markie [Avatar]
[Post New]
And that means to wait and see? Do you mean that YouTUbe will fix the problem? Or Cyberlink will post a patch?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
What do you think it means?

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Markie [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think it means I can't upload to YT..so there you have it.
Brian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 18, 2009 04:13 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Since the "Moderator" has locked the previous thread where this was being discussed, I will post here, because there is more information to be shared.

I just received this response from CyberLink (typos and all):

The error you are recieving while accessing the YouTube.com is due to the firewall settings of your computer or network which is preventing the browsing of YouTube.com.

Please ensure that you can access the YouTube.com site from you browser.
If you can access the web-site through a browser and not through the YouTube.com then please let us know.

I am not having problems connecting to YouTube.com, and I suspect neither are any of the many other folks who have reported this problem. So either R&D is not talking to Customer Support (which is a good possibility), or they still do not understand the problem. Either way, it does not bode well for a fix anytime soon....
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Brian,
I think an individual at Online Support isn't reading the notifications sent by R&D!

Your comment regarding a "fix soon" is just as misleading as the message you received, since you are not privy to information and it is pure guesswork and scare-mongering on your part!

The "more information" is in fact drivel to gain attention and certainly pointless!

As far as I'm aware the Head of Customer Support and the whole of R&D are fully aware of the situation and are working to resolve it.

Thank you.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Fix available here:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8984.page#38774

Dafydd
[Moderator]