Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
[Power DVD 9 build 2227] Doesn't work on Windows 7
GGC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2009 19:00 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys,

I just updated my Power DVD 9 to the latest build so it can work with my brand new Windows 7 install.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all. I can start PDVD but when I hit the "play" button, the program just closes itself immediatly!
It used to play fine on Windows XP SP2. My comp has an NVIDIA 8600GT graphics card and an Intel Core 2 Duo 1.6ghz processor.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks!
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Welcome to the club.
This program is a nightmare.
I have NEVER had so many problems with a single program on my computer.
GGC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Honestly, this program sucks on Windows 7.
I've switched to WinDVD and it works!
Byebye Cyberlink...
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
DEar GGC,

jsut for the record, can you please post your used AV/Firewall solution

Br
Michael
Johannes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2009 16:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hello there,
at the moment I have the same problem with my Power DVD 9. I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security 2010.
Before i got Windows 7 i used the rc2 of Windows 7, by that time i had no problems at all..
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Dear Johannes,

please check your AV Quarantine - you may find an PDVD file there.... (it would be false positive if)

Br
Michael
Graham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 14, 2009 04:50 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all
I had problem with 9 Ultra, would not play after an update. Went to install it again and I gpt an error message to buy another key or contact support.
My copy was purchased from Cyberlink and registered, I recieved updates and newletters as well as getting on the forum.
After spending over 2 weeks back and forward with tech support I was told they had no information of my registration and stopped all communication.
I then went and purchased ArcSoft TotalMedia Theater and have had no problems. I think the only solution is yours GGC bye bye Cyberlink.
Johannes [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2009 16:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Dear Johannes,

please check your AV Quarantine - you may find an PDVD file there.... (it would be false positive if)

Br
Michael

Hello Michael,
in the past two days I have tried with and without my Internet Security and neither solutions is working for me. My PowerDVD is not listed in the AV Quarantine.
As far as I can see, it would more be a problem with a freshly installed Windows 7. Since before that I installed the Windows 7 RC2 on top of my Windows Vista.

Kind regards
Johannes
[Post New]
Dear Johannes,

Ok, see Kaspersky 2010 - could you please provide these infos:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-faq-content.do?id=7792&prodId=1&prodVerId=578

Thanks and Br
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 16. 2009 09:10

GGC [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: DEar GGC,

jsut for the record, can you please post your used AV/Firewall solution

Br
Michael

I use Kaspersky AV 2010. There's nothing in my quarantine area and it's a fresh install of Windows 7.
Thanks for trying to help but unless Cyberlink comes up with an update that really makes PDVD work, I will stick to WinDVD for now... (and this is coming from someone who loves PDVD).