Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Remote Desktop Connection
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2009 08:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is there a work around that would allow PD 8 to be used with a Remote Desktop Connection?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2009 17:16

VBRoger [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2008 18:41 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I do it all the time. I did it with version 7 and now with version 8. What exactly is your problem? Make sure the connections "screen resolution" is set to at least 1024x768.
VBRoger ' VBDavie
creators of www.photojockey.com
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2009 08:10 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
THanks for your reply. I discovered that it was an installation issue on the PC and not RDC. Thanks!
B Clark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2011 23:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I do it all the time. I did it with version 7 and now with version 8. What exactly is your problem? Make sure the connections "screen resolution" is set to at least 1024x768.

I'm a new member of this forum. I'm unable to launch PD9 on a remote desktop connection. PD9 attempts to launch for a few seconds then fails with the message "PowerDirector has stopped working".

Other than getting the remote machine's screen resolution set right (1024x768), do you have any other ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Power2Go 7 runs fine in RDC.

The host is my HTPC running Windows 7 Home Premium and the remote desktop is running Windows XP Pro. I'm connecting over a wired LAN.

I'll be grateful for any help on this.

Update 1/7/2011:
I upgraded to Windows 7 Professional from W7 Home Premium and now I can launch PowerDirector9. W7 Home Premium officially does not support Remote Desktop Connection. The hack that claims to overcome this is clearly deficient.
--Clark

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 07. 2011 17:49