Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD8 error
[Post New]
I have had a problem that has come out of nowhere. I have Vista 64 running PD8 NVidia 8400 512mb and 8 gigs of RAM. I have been doing HD videos all of them small around 4 or 5 minutes using titles and transitions and all of a sudden I get an error when I am producing the video. Please see attachment. First I got a system memory error but its not using that much memory. I have seen the CPU running at 100percent. I am using a AMD 4450e 2.3 ghz dual core. I have seen others talking about problems with their quadcores. This is almost laughable that we cannot utilize the extra ram from the 64 bit operating system but Now I have to bu a Quad Core processor. What next ??? Maybe its time to research the Sony and Adobe offerings. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 09. 2009 06:47

TA Knipe

PowerDirector Ultra 64 9.0.0.2702 Build

Windoes 7 64

AMD Phenom X4 2.4ghz
8 gigs of Ram
NVidia Geforce gt220 Graphics card PCI x 2.0 X16

www.EDrumForum.com
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I don't see anything attached. Just because you have a quad core doesn't mean every program will be able to utilize them. Programs have to be written to use multiprocessors, and while PD may be able to access 2, I don't think you will find many that can access 4 or more processors. Even at that, you should be Ok. It's hard to say not knowing more about what you are working with. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
TA Knipe,
Defrag your system.
Please attach the error image - less than 100kb, that's the limit.
Your computer appears to be at the low end to edit HD. many members here are managing with a similar set up.

I have a quad core, thanks and it to struggles when I've carried out specific testing, I know it's limits.

Kindly desist for using offensive and unnecessary profanities - this is a public forum and you can articulate your issues without recourse to vulgar diction! I have edited your post.

Dafydd
[Moderator]
[Post New]
First of all, I am sorry for using the mild profanity that I used. Here is why I might be a little wacked out about this topic.

When I installed PD8, I had used the program to produce videos on Vista 64 without incident. These are very small videos maybe 2.5 minutes long. Then all of a sudden this happens without reason. I have to admit that I like using PD8 and PD7 before that. I have used it for many projects from work to home and its always been the easiest and most stable platform for me. Thats why I liked it, now I am wondering why I purchased the 8.

Last night after fighting with this issue and trying 9 times to produce a small hd video I decided maybe I need to finall do the upgrade to Windows 7 64, well that made the problem worse. Now when producing the video the pc just shuts off. I know what my next video will be, I will video this issue and put it on youtube, maybe someone has found a fix for this.

The screenshot I uploaded must have been too big, I will make it smaller and upload it again when I get home tonight. I will reinstall PD8 and defrag.

Dafyd, I thought I was in spec with this pc, I would like to know from Cyberlink's point of view what I need to use PD8 effectively without issue. Thats basically it I put this machine together specifically to deal with the previous issue I had with the other machine and this represents a significant upgrade for me. As a side note, I am going to upgrade the video card, I would rather have 1 gig of ram on the video card also. If I need a quadcore I will get that but I would have to think that Cyberlink will need to update their spec for Minimum requirements since I am doing only the most basic of HD. As to defragging the machine, its only 3 weeks old but as you wish I will defrag it. These are the things we need in a manual, every little nuance of using this program.

If this is a windows issue and there are problems using hd video and windows please say so, I will move to Linux and learn to use Cinelerra if thats what I need to do to complete my projects without incident.
Thanks for your help on the problem, Tom TA Knipe

Windoes 7 64

AMD Phenom X4 2.4ghz
8 gigs of Ram

www.EDrumForum.com
[Post New]
Ok, I have a diagnostic file to attach and the jpeg of the error code. This was before I installed to Windows 7 64. Unfortunately last night when it shut down the pc it did not give an error. Hopefully someone will know why the error popped up. Tom

As an Update, today i purchased a XFX GT 220 Geoforce GT 220 1gig 128 bit to upgrade the video card, I hope this card will help with video processing and producing. I did notice the initial ram increase helped with editing video and got rid of the initial problems I had in Vista 32 bit with only 4 gig ram. So apparently we were moving in the right direction before the Vista 64 and Windows 7 debacle.
 Filename
TAKnipeDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
This is the pc diagnostic.
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
334 time(s)
[Thumb - pd8error.JPG]
 Filename
pd8error.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Error under Vista 64
 Filesize
19 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
147 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 10. 2009 20:16

TA Knipe

Windoes 7 64

AMD Phenom X4 2.4ghz
8 gigs of Ram

www.EDrumForum.com
Alexpho [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2009 20:59 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Hi There. Any luck with a solution to this? I am having the exact error when Producing my edited clips. Thanks
[Post New]
As of yet I have the same problem but I posted the diagnostic file and jpeg later last night. So maybe someone will recognize the issue and may have fixed it or maybe Cyberlink has some idea of what it could be.

TA Knipe

Windoes 7 64

AMD Phenom X4 2.4ghz
8 gigs of Ram

www.EDrumForum.com
[Post New]
Well, I keep hoping for a solution but also still trying to fix these issues myself. Last night i installed the update from Cyberlink from 10/29/09. Since the machine was shutting off at last we spoke I can report that I had a small bit off succes. I ran the project again and now the pc will not shut off it gives me an error again. This new error is a bit hard to believe. It is not enough system memory, well folks since I have 8 gigs and another 512mb on the video card now I just dont believe the software anymore.

I also now think that there is more to this error since no one has any clue about what could be going on.

I would like to know if there is a list of error codes and the reasons for the error and possible solutions. TA Knipe

Windoes 7 64

AMD Phenom X4 2.4ghz
8 gigs of Ram

www.EDrumForum.com