Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD Ultra 9 trial version won't open or unistall in Windows 7 64bit.
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Was working for a couple of weeks and now I can't open the program or even uninstall it! I'm using Windows 7 64bit.
Here's open info:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PowerDVD9.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4ac4a7d2
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdb3b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003e831
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 4c0d
Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
Additional Information 3: 4c0d
Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

When I try to uninstall it it gives me a 1628 error message saying it can't finish installing it.
It keeps trying to install the program instead of uninstalling it.

Please help!!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2009 11:09

JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
This is turning into the program from hell.
Looking through the FAQ there is advise on how to remove this from XP and Vista, Vista 64bit, but NO Windows 7.
My computer was working fine before I installed this and now I can't even get rid of it.
I am only a novice computer user and don't have the skills to be trying registry edits to get rid of this nightmare.
Now I will probably have to hire somebody to remove this program so my computer doesn't get screwed up.
I wish I could sue this company for all the hell this is putting me through.
Moviebuff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:31 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
jjpower, a friend of mine came to my rescue when I had similar error, in that I could not uninsatll completely trial PowerDVD9.
If you care to go to revouinstaller.com and dowload their free uninstaller, you will remove the trial version of PowerDVD, leaving no trace of this software on your computer.
As this help is solely in an effort to help you and I can not be held responsible for any errors this may cause you.
I can say this software has not caused me any errors or damage to my computer, as I have carried out the instructions of the onscreen to the letter.
Good luck. Suggestions will be most appreciated.
JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was able to remove it from my program list but the program folder is still there and contains about 170mb of data.
Tech support wants me try and find a hidden folder and perform all these registry edits.
How the hell is a novice user suppose to do all this??
This is such BS that you have to go through all this just to get this off your computer.
If I had known I would have to endure all this grief I would have NEVER tried this program.
The program should come with a big warning label, beware user.
JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
I now can't even remove the PowerDVD9 folder from the program list. It gives me a message that it is being used by another program.
How the heck do I get rid of this horrible program????