Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Still no bitstreaming Audio, more patches that don't help.
marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 22:48 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Why is powerdvd so horrible? With each update/patch they cripple their own software more and more. Used to support Iso playback from harddrive, that was great let's cripple that( thank god for my movies and daemon tools ) A few releases ago you can actually stream at least Dolby digital / Drs over Hdmi but what the hell let's release a new patch that does away with that and causes audio distortion hopefully destroying someone speakers. Wait let's release a Beta version of Powerdvd to some selected websites ( Anadtech / HardOcp ) and show off Bitstreaming and Dts Master audio as well as True Hd audio and get people to buy are software only to not deliver on that either. Well I'm about to wipe my ass of this company they lie more then mainstream media or any politician, Buyer Beware.
MattB [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2009 13:23 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Are there any viable alternatives to PowerDVD for BR playback on a Windows7 x64 Media Center box? I was hesitant to pay for the upgrade from 8 which wasn't working to 9 but after a little Googling it looks like I didn't have any other choices so I but the bullet and paid. Now I can get some movies to play but not all. I just want something that works and preferably integrates into Media Center. I'm all ears!
paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2009 14:45 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I`ve got my fingers crossed for this http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=31584

Oh and it will be FREE and do more than pdvd ever did.
Slysoft do updates on a weekly basis.
MattB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Wow, that is exciting! I love their VirtualCloneDrive product.

Hopefully CyberLink can get PDVD working for me in the mean time since they already have my money and I have movies I'd really like to watch!
Dave [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 03, 2009 10:15 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Arcsoft TotalMediaTheatre 3 is extremely good and still supports HDDVD. It also integrates with MediaCentre rather than launching as a console like powerDVD.

Not sure when bitstreaming for the HD5xxx card will come from them, however the Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 still outputs HD Bitstream with TMT3.

@OP.... I couldn't agree more, albian has almost cracked PAP protection for use within MPC-HC and FFDShow tryouts Audio decoder. I'll be trying this tonight when I get home
Simon [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2008 06:39 Messages: 59 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Why is powerdvd so horrible? With each update/patch they cripple their own software more and more. Used to support Iso playback from harddrive, that was great let's cripple that( thank god for my movies and daemon tools ) A few releases ago you can actually stream at least Dolby digital / Drs over Hdmi but what the hell let's release a new patch that does away with that and causes audio distortion hopefully destroying someone speakers. Wait let's release a Beta version of Powerdvd to some selected websites ( Anadtech / HardOcp ) and show off Bitstreaming and Dts Master audio as well as True Hd audio and get people to buy are software only to not deliver on that either. Well I'm about to wipe my ass of this company they lie more then mainstream media or any politician, Buyer Beware.

I must say I don't have any problem at all with bitstreaming with PDVD9 over HDMI.

DD and DTS both work fine and now with the Auzentech HomeTheater HD card, I get TrueHD and DTS MA-HD no problem.
MattB [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Arcsoft TotalMediaTheatre 3 is extremely good and still supports HDDVD. It also integrates with MediaCentre rather than launching as a console like powerDVD.

Not sure when bitstreaming for the HD5xxx card will come from them, however the Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 still outputs HD Bitstream with TMT3.

@OP.... I couldn't agree more, albian has almost cracked PAP protection for use within MPC-HC and FFDShow tryouts Audio decoder. I'll be trying this tonight when I get home

I'm downloading the trial version to try out this weekend. I'll report back on whether or not it plays the stuttery movies smoothly in case anyone is wondering.