Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD18 how to de-sharpen not sharpen video
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all and a better New Year.

I have some pixel 4a video that was too electronically sharpened in the camera.. Is there a way to reduce sharpness without changing the 4K format. I am only aware of the PD sharpening feature in PD18, I like to increase the high end roll off to reduce overshoot.

Thanks

Again Happy and Healthy New Year

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Ideally the video sharpness settings should be set all the way to the left for the highest resolution without any artificial artifact in most cameras. You can try the blur filters to possibly reduce the halos around objects and grains caused by the previous sharpening.

Possibly another contributor may know a different way to fix it.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Ideally the video sharpness settings should be set all the way to the left for the highest resolution without any artificial artifact in most cameras. You can try the blur filters to possibly reduce the halos around objects and grains caused by the previous sharpening.

Possibly another contributor may know a different way to fix it.

Some cameras like the Sony AX100 and Pixel 4a have fixed settings. I want to reduce the fixed sharpening

Thanks for the reply.

Eugene 73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A