Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Dual Display Issue
Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
I have for quite some time had PD set up on a dual display system, fairly certain was working correctly before and after upgrading to PD20, however recently the second display is not working correctly (though it is selected in the display settings)

The second monitor appears to recognise that it should be displaying content as it goes a flat colour but does not display any actual content. (see screenshot)

The second display works fine if you undock the smaller editing window, it appears on the second monitor as it should

I have tried a remove / re-install of PD20 with no change

Any thoughts appreciated
[Thumb - dual display 2.jpg]
 Filename
dual display 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screenshot
 Filesize
869 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Director Suite 365
AMD FX-8320 3.50 GHz Eight-Core
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb (OS)
Seagate 2TB SATA-III Hybrid 7200RPM Hard Drive (Data)
Toshiba 4TB SATA-III Hard drive (Archive)
24GB Memory
Nvidia GeForce GTX 650 2gb
Microsoft® Windows 10 (64-bit)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have PD20 or do you have the subscription version (PD365)?

I have PD365 and don't have any issues with dual monitors. Here's a combined screenshot showing two different dual monitor modes (I've also attached a full res (9K!) version):

Maybe try undocking the preview window and moving it to the second monitor like I've shown in the lower half of my screenshot image.

It might help to see the technical details of your system. Please follow the steps in the Read Me Before Posting guide and attach the DxDiag file.
[Thumb - dual monitor screenshots.png]
 Filename
dual monitor screenshots.png
[Disk]
 Description
full size 9K image
 Filesize
5190 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 27. 2021 13:51

Ed71 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Dorset, United Kingdom Joined: May 17, 2008 14:32 Messages: 207 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much - realised from your screen shot that I was looking in the wrong place to get it to work.

I assumed only had to be set in the main programme settings under 'display' but see you have highlighted the 'preview quality / display options' on the preview window.

Selecting dual preview under that - all works as it should, so many thanks, not an issue just not understanding all the settings!

It is the PD365 subscription version I am using.