Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
I have no audio from any project
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Suddenly I have no audio playback in PD. It's completely silent. It's only in PD19 I have this issue. I've opened the same movie in PD18 and there I have audio. What is wrong? I can't remember if I've used PD19 after canceling the unistallation of PD18 with its installer the other day, but that's the only extraordinary I've done lately.

(It's half past midnight here, so I'm going to bed now.) PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
The volume slider in the preview window was for some reason set to zero. I remember now that this has happened once before, but then I discovered it before posting here. Anyone else who's had this kind of behavior? Is there a keyboard shortcut that I may have touched by accident?

By the way, the volume symbol for this regulate always looks the same, so there is no way to tell what the volume is set to unless you click on it. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
32 GB RAM
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
It would be great if I could choose the second post as the one that solved the issue, but apparently one cannot mark one's own answer as the solution.frown PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
32 GB RAM
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote The volume slider in the preview window was for some reason set to zero. I remember now that this has happened once before, but then I discovered it before posting here. Anyone else who's had this kind of behavior? Is there a keyboard shortcut that I may have touched by accident?

By the way, the volume symbol for this regulate always looks the same, so there is no way to tell what the volume is set to unless you click on it.

Ctrl u in PD brings up the system volume level indicator, but yes, nothing tells you that you have set the volume to zero nor any other level without looking. The PD speaker icon will have a diagonal line through it for some actions like mute, and nonreal time settings. The volume level also referenced in the Windows Volume mixer as well as shown in the attached pic.

If you have "Show Preview Volume Meters" active they may serve as a clue. For zero volume level or mute settings, meters will be active as sound is playing but at a output controlled level if you can't hear it. For non real-time PD setting, meters will not be active as sound playback is totally disabled, not just output level control.

Some uses have reported their system periodically sets the volume to zero. I've not had that occur, could be an update perhaps or user actions.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD_Volume.png]
 Filename
PD_Volume.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
191 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
Tomas E [Avatar]