Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
removing all file info
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
when using Photo Director 365 , is there a setting I can change that will wipe out all the file info like showing it was made using cyberlink photo director, etc

You see this when you check properties, details on Windows Computer
[Post New]
Hello detroit123,

Unfortunately, even when the Export settings for Metadata are as shown below some data (including Program Name) will still be shown in Properties.

With individual (or a small number of) photos, data can be removed by clicking "Remove Properties and Personal Information". All data can be removed or selected data.

For bulk removal (large numbers of photos) the are plenty of freely available apps that can do that.

So, I'm afraid the answer to your original question is "No" undecided

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2021 15:40

PIX YouTube channel
detroit123 [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Dec 20, 2011 14:58 Messages: 194 Offline
[Post New]
What is the best free software to for batch photos to remove all metadata ?

Quote Hello detroit123,

Unfortunately, even when the Export settings for Metadata are as shown below some data (including Program Name) will still be shown in Properties.

With individual (or a small number of) photos, data can be removed by clicking "Remove Properties and Personal Information". All data can be removed or selected data.

For bulk removal (large numbers of photos) the are plenty of freely available apps that can do that.

So, I'm afraid the answer to your original question is "No" undecided

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 26. 2021 19:59

[Post New]
Hello again,

I am no expert (not even a novice) on these things, having never used an EXIF editor to remove data from batch files.

I have used EXIF Tool & EXIF Pilot before, but not for the above purpose.

EXIF tool can batch process tags, can certainly remove all/selected meta data, but I'm not sure if that can be batch processed too. The free EXIF Pilot cannot batch process, as I understand it.

The best thing to do is to try a few well reviewed tools & see which suits your purposes.

PIX PIX YouTube channel