Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Z590 Motherboards missing Intel SGX using 10th gen Intel CPU for 4k Blurays?
Sallen112 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2020 11:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know if any of the Z590 motherboards that support 10th/11th gen CPUs on the Motherboard (but using a 10th gen CPU) comes with the Intel SGX option on the motherboards and if not, can the company issue a Bios Update for the motherboard to include it on the motherboard if it originally didn't support it? Also if the motherboard also includes a HDMI port on the motherboard itself.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 24. 2021 23:30

Sallen112 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2020 11:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Just to give everyone a heads up, I messaged ASUS Product Support about the Z590 motherboards (since they do support 10th gen Intel CPUs) and none of the Z500 (Z590) series motherboards from Asus at least (and I think this applies to all the other motherboard brands: MSI, Gigabyte, ASrock, etc.) supports Intel SGX (got removed in that motherboard generation) for playing 4k UHD bluray content, even if they have a HDMI port that supports 1.4b to 2.0 on the motherboard itself. Going to assume only Z490 (I do own a Z490 board already that has one of these already and has the Intel SGX feature on it and HDMI 1.4b (4k 30 fps only) on it already and does work with the PowerDVD software) and before supports both the Intel SGX and the HDMI port on the same board needed to play the content with 7th-10th gen Intel CPUs of course.

I thought this info would be useful for Cyberlink to have in there System Requirements to be updated on which motherboards exactly that supports 10th gen and below support, only Z490 and below supports this.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2021 13:30

QC2.0 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 27, 2016 04:02 Messages: 610 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just to give everyone a heads up, I messaged ASUS Product Support about the Z590 motherboards (since they do support 10th gen Intel CPUs) and none of the Z500 (Z590) series motherboards from Asus at least (and I think this applies to all the other motherboard brands: MSI, Gigabyte, ASrock, etc.) supports Intel SGX (got removed in that motherboard generation) for playing 4k UHD bluray content, even if they have a HDMI port that supports 1.4b to 2.0 on the motherboard itself. Going to assume only Z490 (I do own a Z490 board already that has one of these already and has the Intel SGX feature on it and HDMI 1.4b (4k 30 fps only) on it already and does work with the PowerDVD software) and before supports both the Intel SGX and the HDMI port on the same board needed to play the content with 7th-10th gen Intel CPUs of course.

I thought this info would be useful for Cyberlink to have in there System Requirements to be updated on which motherboards exactly that supports 10th gen and below support, only Z490 and below supports this.

It's really good to know the feedback you received from ASUS.

Per the playback requirements cyberlink published, it specifies that not only the CPU and also the motherboard must support the Intel SGX feature in hardware perspective:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=19144
I believed it is well-said.

According to the new Intel SGX announcement here, 4K Blu-ray playback on Windows PC has came to the dusk already.

It's time to simply use a 4K Blu-ray player to play your collection on TV.
hardcore_gamer29 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2021 00:54 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Just to give everyone a heads up, I messaged ASUS Product Support about the Z590 motherboards (since they do support 10th gen Intel CPUs) and none of the Z500 (Z590) series motherboards from Asus at least (and I think this applies to all the other motherboard brands: MSI, Gigabyte, ASrock, etc.) supports Intel SGX (got removed in that motherboard generation) for playing 4k UHD bluray content, even if they have a HDMI port that supports 1.4b to 2.0 on the motherboard itself. Going to assume only Z490 (I do own a Z490 board already that has one of these already and has the Intel SGX feature on it and HDMI 1.4b (4k 30 fps only) on it already and does work with the PowerDVD software) and before supports both the Intel SGX and the HDMI port on the same board needed to play the content with 7th-10th gen Intel CPUs of course.

hey hi i just got lg wh16ns60 uhd drive , my question is can i directly play 4k uhd movies with my specs below:
i9 10900k
MSI Z490 TOMAHAWK
32gb ddr4 ram
also if i want to play normal bluray can i use nvidia gtx 1650 and for 4k uhd intel onboard?
thanks