Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Which Format do I use please to Write to a DVD
MikeF47 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: England Joined: Aug 16, 2014 11:16 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I use Power Director 13 and have created a project which I now need to produce. I am given a number of choices
AV1
MPEG2
H264 AVC
H265 HEVC
XAVCS

I need the DVD to be view on both a TV / DVD reader and also on computers
Which format should I use
Thanks
Mike

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 22. 2021 11:35

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I use Power Director 13 and have created a project which I now need to produce. I am given a number of choices
AV1
MPEG2
H264 AVC
H265 HEVC
XAVCS

I need the DVD to be view on both a TV / DVD reader and also on computers
Which format should I use
Thanks
Mike

None of those create a true video DVD, those are in the "Produce" module and create files. To create a true video DVD vs just files on a DVD use the "Create Disc" module and settings there. You are not required to "Produce" to a file prior to creating a video DVD.

Jeff
MikeF47 [Avatar]
[Post New]

None of those create a true video DVD, those are in the "Produce" module and create files. To create a true video DVD vs just files on a DVD use the "Create Disc" module and settings there. You are not required to "Produce" to a file prior to creating a video DVD.

Jeff

hi jeff
thanks. I have tried this and the final DVD is very jerky. Am I doing anything wrong?
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure of the source quality of your video's, but keep in mind, a DVD will be a significant downgrade for any current device video recording. Are your source files PAL, do you have that set in pref so you created a PAL DVD? Some players have some playback issue between NTSC 29.97fps and PAL 25fps.

Jeff
MikeF47 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Not sure of the source quality of your video's, but keep in mind, a DVD will be a significant downgrade for any current device video recording. Are your source files PAL, do you have that set in pref so you created a PAL DVD? Some players have some playback issue between NTSC 29.97fps and PAL 25fps.

Jeff

hi jeff
I have used power director 13 to load in images and used the magic motion option on them. There is a sound tract. Then used the generate DVD option. It only allows PAL so not sure if this is an issue here
mike
Davidk101
Senior Member Location: Brisbane Australia Joined: Jun 24, 2020 02:38 Messages: 172 Offline
[Post New]
Another source of jerkiness when playing is the resolution of the source material, specifically if it is FHD or 4K. Your PC might have enough grunt not to need shadow files for them, but DVD files are necessarily converted to mpeg-2 for the disk, if they are not already in that format. Have you developed shadow files for related parts of the composition before editing and rendering/DVD creation???

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 25. 2021 02:28