Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
lifetime license versus subsription
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 30, 2021 22:00 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I have Power Director 19 lifetime license.
What happens if I want to check out the subscription version?
What is the additonal fee? And what if I want to go back to my lifetime license do I have to pay again?
Thanks.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
They are two separate products. Since you have the lifetime license for PD19, that's always going to be available for you and it doesn't have to be uninstalled if you get the subscription version (PD365).

I'm not aware of any upgrade pricing when coming from a lifetime license, but there is a 30% off sale on PD365 plans through Nov 28th. There's also a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not happy with PD365, otherwise you'll pay a fixed fee every month or every year to keep using the software.

If you cancel or stop paying you will not be able to use the app. Unfortunately, any projects created (or saved) in PD365 cannot be opened in any earlier versions (including PD19), so if you need to edit them later you'd need to either renew your subscription (like for 1 month) or buy a lifetime license for the current PD version.
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 30, 2021 22:00 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Quote They are two separate products. Since you have the lifetime license for PD19, that's always going to be available for you and it doesn't have to be uninstalled if you get the subscription version (PD365).

I'm not aware of any upgrade pricing when coming from a lifetime license, but there is a 30% off sale on PD365 plans through Nov 28th. There's also a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not happy with PD365, otherwise you'll pay a fixed fee every month or every year to keep using the software.

If you cancel or stop paying you will not be able to use the app. Unfortunately, any projects created (or saved) in PD365 cannot be opened in any earlier versions (including PD19), so if you need to edit them later you'd need to either renew your subscription (like for 1 month) or buy a lifetime license for the current PD version.

Any projects created in power director 19 with the 365 subscription cannot be edited in the lifetime license?
What about any effects downloaded in the power director 365 subscription. Do you lose them as well?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There is no "PD19 with the 365 subscription." You'd edit with one or the other.

Right now, PD365 is based on PD20. You can open any project made with PD19 in PD20/365 but once you save it, it cannot be opened again in PD19.

It's always been that way with new versions of PD. Next year, PD365 will be based on PD21 and you won't be able to open any of those projects if you have PD20.

I don't know what happens to subscription content once you stop the subscription. That's normally separate from the PD app and it's possible you'd still be able to use it if you cancel the subscription, but I wouldn't plan on it.

You can ask CL customer service and see what they say.

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=contactUs&action2=productContactUs