Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Really, it's abusive.
JpPgn612 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 15, 2021 05:47 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Let's say I bought PowerDVD21 ultra edition, and I change my PC, but ONE year after my purchase, which makes the extension warranty obsolete, and, therefore, my software obsolete. This means that I have to buy the software a second time to use it on my new PC.
This is really abusive as a policy, because normally, I should be able to re-download the software as many times as I want, even better, DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT, since I OWN ONE license of the software (not THE ORIGINAL licence), and the key is mine.

This situation is like if you can't download a game you bought via Steam one year after the buy, which is completely ridiculous.
whirlpool0548 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 15, 2012 19:13 Messages: 16 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Let's say I bought PowerDVD21 ultra edition, and I change my PC, but ONE year after my purchase, which makes the extension warranty obsolete, and, therefore, my software obsolete. This means that I have to buy the software a second time to use it on my new PC.
This is really abusive as a policy, because normally, I should be able to re-download the software as many times as I want, even better, DO WHAT I WANT WITH IT, since I OWN ONE license of the software (not THE ORIGINAL licence), and the key is mine.

This situation is like if you can't download a game you bought via Steam one year after the buy, which is completely ridiculous.

Are you saying you can't install PowerDVD 21 Ultra on a new machine because it's more than a year since it was purchased ?

You can use the purchased version on any PC (there may be a limit to the number of licenses and there is a limit on the maximum number of activations).

If you need a link to the download Cyberlink will provide a link, you just need proof of purchase.
If you exceed the maximum number of activations, Cyberlink will reset the key, you just need proof of purchase.

I installed PowerDVD 17 Ultra on a new PC in 2021, purchased in 2017, no issues.
Forum Moderator [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2018 01:01 Messages: 578 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Please check this FAQ, which is a summary of what whirlpool0548 said.

I would also suggest that you also backup your downloaded program files on your computer, USB drive, or cloud just in case any computer crash happens.

Cheers
PowerDVD Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 15. 2021 22:01

Please direct any sales or technical issues to CyberLink's customer support team:

Sales or installation related issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Software technical issues:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/sup