Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cropping Multiple Clips
SenthilR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2012 17:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have multiple clips in my timeline and am trying to apply the same crop size to all.

I have seen some tips for PD14 but not sure how to do with PD365.

Any tips and tricks will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sr
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Many but not all of the clips attributes can by copied to other clips. (in the clip menu: Edit clip Keyframe -> copy keyframe attributes in the source and paste keyframe attributes in the target).

You have to experiment a bit with this option, because not all changes to a clip appear to be copy-able by this. E.g. cropping of images can by copied to all images.
Changing the size and position of a video clip can also be copied to others, but e.g. the border (and e.g. the Chroma Key) of a video clip appears not to be copied to other video clips.
I dont know whether this is intentional or even that there is some logic behind this. The manual writes that all keyframe attributes can be pasted. Well, clearly that is not the case.... Maybe it only applies to the keyframes listed when you open the keyframe settings room (edit clip keyframes -> Clip attributes.....), the border and Chroma key are not listed in there.

So, as said, maybe do some experimenting yourself to see what works and what not.
SenthilR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2012 17:13 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Many but not all of the clips attributes can by copied to other clips. (in the clip menu: Edit clip Keyframe -> copy keyframe attributes in the source and paste keyframe attributes in the target).

Thank you. Yes, I have the same challenges. The copy/paste does not seem to function for cropping.
I thought of selecting all the clips but the crop option is not available for multiple clips.
I produced it and then pulled the mp4 file into the PD as a raw file and have cropped it.
Not the ideal solution but that is what seem to work for now.

Thanks again.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The usual way to get around any Copy/Paste Keyframe Attributes limitations is to make copies of the edited clip then drag the new clips directly onto the copies from the Media Room. This discussion has more details.