Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
My first completed Machinima!
MuddledMuppet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 21, 2021 07:24 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
For those who may not know, machinima is using a game engine and assets to make a video instead of actors and sets 'real world'.

As a heads up, some of the characters do have 'skimpy' outifts, I personally don't think there is anything more skimpy than those seen in an average pop music video, but we're all different so I thought I'd mention

The raw footage was gathered in Second Life, the music was a remix of Pretty Woman by a DJ friend of mine.

I have entered it into a SL music video competition, so wish me luck!

Feedback is very much appreciated as I do wish to improve generally, but I won't have time to actually change this particular video, but any hints for future projects very much apreciated.

Cheers for watching, hope you enjoy

EDIT: For some reason the video link doesn't show for me, here is a direct link:

https://youtu.be/GlfwtCJOoak

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 31. 2021 07:32

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting video. My only suggestion would be to fix the typos in the text, especially if entering it into a video contest

Dave

P.S. The video thumbnail is there for me, i.e. I can see the video here.
MuddledMuppet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cheers Dave, for some reason I don't see thumbnails in any video on any section of the forum , I put a comment in the appropriate section, hopefull someone wil be able to point me to why that is.

As to the typos, they are kinda prt of the joke

Ie it starts with a serious tone, then gets silly, giving bad or unhelpful advice, then stating they are bored with it.

They aren't 'typos' as such, more like someone displaying an unprofessional attitude to the video (character not me) who then gets bored having to do the work and just parties

thanks for watching and feedback!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Cheers Dave, for some reason I don't see thumbnails in any video on any section of the forum , I put a comment in the appropriate section, hopefull someone wil be able to point me to why that is.

Everything looks normal on my end, too. Do you not see this in your browser?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2021 12:37

MuddledMuppet [Avatar]
[Post New]

Everything looks normal on my end, too. Do you not see this in your browser?

Nopes, I just see a large blank space where the video should be.

I am using Chrome, don't know if that makes any difference

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2021 16:34

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like you might have your privacy or disallowed content settings cranked up too high

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 01. 2021 14:16