Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 9 Patch to v2227
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

CyberLink just released a new patch for PowerDVD 9 ULTRA:

http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html

This patch solves:

- CyberLink PowerDVD cannot maintain the HDMI output set as pass through mode in Cinema Mode

BR
Michael

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 27. 2009 03:03

paul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 30, 2009 14:45 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Could of let the pass through go with this!
Gerd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 11, 2007 14:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The patch didn't solved my green screen Problem.
marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 22:48 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Of course this patch doesnt fix any problems that most of us are having, Where is the DTS Master Audio? Where is the TRUE HD AUDIO? Just wondering because i bought this software because it claims it can do it, at least not on my Powercolor 5870 card.
Frank [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2009 19:16 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
It errors on my sytem and won't let my bluerays play at all says my video card is not supported
iieeann [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nil Joined: Oct 21, 2009 21:20 Messages: 41 Offline
[Post New]
marc, if you read compatible soundcard in PDVD9, which most of us won't go to read, only 1 soundcard in this world that can bitstream HD audio to AVR in PDVD9 -- Auzentech HTHD. Even the Asus HDAV won't work with PDVD9. ATI and Nvidia are out of the way, their "HDMI HD audio" is for show/marketing tactic and not working in any software, yet as i know. The most they can do is spdif out (DD/DTS).

I think Auzentech and PDVD9 have some sort of agreement to protect each other. HD audio works when they both exist, and if one of them not there HD audio will not work. Auzentech HTHD will not bitstream HD in TMT3 (tied with Asus HDAV) and WinDVD (no tie yet). Vice Versa, Asus HDAV will only output HD audio in TMT3 and not PDVD9 and WinDVD.

Frank, if your video card support HDCP, you need to download and install driver from manufacturer (ATI or Nvidia). Win7 built in driver will not work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 19. 2009 02:00

CPU......: i7-975, evga x58 Classified, Kingston 2000 1Gbx3
Display.: GTX285, Dell 2709W
Hdd......: x25M 80Gb x3, iRAM 4Gb
Sound...: Auzentech HTHD, Psyko 5.1, Razer HP1 5.1, Onkyo TX-SR876 AVR
marc [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2009 22:48 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
The reason why I went this route us do the fact that Cyberlink showed off their ability to bitstream flawlessly with powerdvd and atis 5000 series cards. I'm mad that they havnt or won't release this patch, i'm hoping they do soon.