Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Title Designer Bug Changing Font Face Opacity
169FoxxHills [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2018 17:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Long time 365 user. Ever since latest update, I'm running into Title Designer Issues. I create the title, setting the text font face opacity and whatnot. Then when I pull in the title to the timeline and open to make text adjustments, the opacity of the font face has changed itself to zero and is thus invisible. Happening in both of our offices only since updates.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Seems like you've skipped a step or two in your description. Are you opening an existing title from the Title Room, then making the changes and saving that as a new custom title, and then dragging that to the timeline?

Normally I drag a title to the timeline and make changes to it there, so there's no dragging after I've made the desired changes.

In testing this out, I do seem to have the opacity slider reset to 0% when I reopen Title Designer from the timeline title, but I don't see the font go invisible even if I leave the setting at 0% and hit OK.

I also don't see any issue if I leave the opacity set to 100% from the start, so the issue seems to occur only when the opacity is changed to a lower value and then the title Designer is reopened. Once I change the opacity back to 100% that seems to stick on subsequent Title Designer sessions.

Also, when I save a custom title for this test, it looks like PD365 lost all 6 of the custom titles I'd made so there may be some other issues going on here. The missing custom titles are still available in older PD versions, and unfortunately saving a new version from PD17 doesn't show up in PD365.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 20. 2021 12:25

169FoxxHills [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2018 17:46 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Seems like you've skipped a step or two in your description. Are you opening an existing title from the Title Room, then making the changes and saving that as a new custom title, and then dragging that to the timeline?

Normally I drag a title to the timeline and make changes to it there, so there's no dragging after I've made the desired changes.

In testing this out, I do seem to have the opacity slider reset to 0% when I reopen Title Designer from the timeline title, but I don't see the font go invisible even if I leave the setting at 0% and hit OK.

I also don't see any issue if I leave the opacity set to 100% from the start, so the issue seems to occur only when the opacity is changed to a lower value and then the title Designer is reopened. Once I change the opacity back to 100% that seems to stick on subsequent Title Designer sessions.

Also, when I save a custom title for this test, it looks like PD365 lost all 6 of the custom titles I'd made so there may be some other issues going on here. The missing custom titles are still available in older PD versions, and unfortunately saving a new version from PD17 doesn't show up in PD365.

I am making disc golf event videos and we have to change the title for the corresponding hole. Example Hole 1, 240ft, Par 3, the next hole would change. Regardless of starting from template or in the timeline, When you open and the Opacity has switched to zero, if you tried to change the wording of the text, it would disappear because the opacity is now zero.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Long time 365 user. Ever since latest update, I'm running into Title Designer Issues. I create the title, setting the text font face opacity and whatnot. Then when I pull in the title to the timeline and open to make text adjustments, the opacity of the font face has changed itself to zero and is thus invisible. Happening in both of our offices only since updates.

Verified, sure looks like another bug, sure not a desired feature. PD19 does not behave like this either.

Jeff
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Long time 365 user. Ever since latest update, I'm running into Title Designer Issues. I create the title, setting the text font face opacity and whatnot. Then when I pull in the title to the timeline and open to make text adjustments, the opacity of the font face has changed itself to zero and is thus invisible. Happening in both of our offices only since updates.

Hello,

I cannot duplicate this based on your description. However, you should still report it to CyberLink via the following link:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

For best results, I would suggest using Screen Recorder to record your steps and include the video (an unlisted uploaded to YouTube) in your submission.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello,

I cannot duplicate this based on your description. However, you should still report it to CyberLink via the following link:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

For best results, I would suggest using Screen Recorder to record your steps and include the video (an unlisted uploaded to YouTube) in your submission.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Many ways to duplicate on my PD20, 2106 release.

1) Drag default title to timeline, edit and change opacity to 50%, leave "My Title" as text if you wish, exit Title Designer
2) Select title and in the preview window attempt to adjust title, for instance add "Bad" in the middle
3) "Bad" has 0 opacity

optodata noted another issue in that if the title is opened again, opacity is set at 0 if a lower value was established.
Basically, the same effect above in the steps. Since opacity apparently reset to 0 when title designer is closed, added/adjusted text in preview window has 0 opacity.

Jeff
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Here's a screen recording:

I've run tests on both the 2106 and 2204 versions of PDR365 and the issue is present in both.

Although I lost my custom titles at some point, it wasn't due to this issue.

However there is another problem where text edited on the preview screen but the timeline text remains unchanged. I've experienced that twice so far but haven't yet found a way to reliably trigger it, but I will post back once I figure out a way.

I have reported the opacity issue on ticket number CS002419062
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

I see now, thanks guys. I was adjusting the object opacity.

To the OP, if possible please try using the object opacity for your text as a workaround until this is fixed. Just be aware that it will adjust the opacity of the border, shadow, backdrop, as well.

By the way, border and shadow have the exact same issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
optodata
[Post New]
CL tech support responded that they've confirmed the issue. Hopefully the fix will be in the next patch for both 365 and PDR20.