Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AudioDirector clip is silent
PatsyP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 06, 2015 13:17 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
I edited a small clip with AudioDirector twice. Each time, once the edited clip is back in the timeline, the clip is silent. I have Cyberlink PD 365.
[Post New]
Hello PatsyP,

Obviously that shouldn't be happening, unless you're doing something deliberately to cause that.

From your description, it seems you're round tripping from PDR to ADR & back again. Is that correct? What adjustments are you making in ADR?

Could you please repeat the process with the attached audio clip & report (a) the steps you took & (b) the result?

PIX
 Filename
Arpeggio1_Stinger.wav
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
396 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
666 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
PatsyP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks!

I downloaded the file, then imported onto a PD365 audio track.

Opened it in AudioDirector from PowerDirector.

CLicked adjust audio and Speech Pitch audio. (That is what I have been using AD for)

Clicked custom

Changed once spot in the wave.

Clicked apply.

CLicked X, then Yes to save to PD

The file worked fine in the track.
[Post New]
Hello again,

It's not clear to me whether you've been able to resolve the issue with your own audio files. Is that the case?

Using a variet of file formats, I've replicated your steps adjusting audio using Speech Pitch Contour in ADR, then returning to PDR. Not once have I been able to replicate the original reported issue (stated in thread title).

Here is a simple PDR project (zipped) which contains three original audio files (media library) & the adjusted files in the timeline.

Could you please clarify the status of your issue?

PIX PIX YouTube channel
PatsyP [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks ever for the reply. I did some experimenting and found that the problem clips were only those in which I had first used audio editor within PowerDirector 365, and then made more changes with AudioDirector. So I replaced the old clips with new ones, used AudioDirector first, and then Audio Editor, and they worked fine.
[Post New]
PIX YouTube channel