Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
365 Update Not working Well
keithwjones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2019 18:53 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I have been using PD for 2 years with no problems. Updated 365 version now 20.0.2204.0 (64 bit). 16GB Ram.

I am posting this for info, I can see what I am saying has already been mentioned in forum. I will work through what others are saying.

The program now splutters and does not run smoothly.
NewBlue is greyed out.
Has crashed when video clip added.
Becomes unresponsive.

Not sure if following is connected. For 2 year I have produced 16:9 videos. Asked to do Youtube shorts which are 9:16 so I am using crop/zoom on 16:9 videos.

I have a 16:9 video to do this week, so I will see what happens.

Keith

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2021 07:28

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
CL did not renew their license with NewBlueFX so unless you have an older, lifetime-licensed version of PD you can reinstall, you're out of luck and will have to purchase a new license from NewBlue for any packs you'd like to keep using.

For all the other issues, please see what worked for this user and either visit your computer's support site or kindly provide the DxDiag test results so other forum members can assist you.
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, here are Dxdiag results:
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
144 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the details. The video driver for your Intel HD Graphics 4600 iGPU is 4 years old, and you can download the latest version here.

You may also want to run the 2 commands in this post to see if they can find any issues with Windows and repair them.
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for the details.

Thank you for these ideas which I will follow up on.

Now have material for a 16:9 video which I will try first to see if I am getting the same issues.

Will report back with a result.

Keith
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now have material for a 16:9 video which I will try first to see if I am getting the same issues.
Keith

Have loaded media and been working on project and there appears to be no problems.

I have not followed up on OPTODATA's suggestions yet, but I will be.

I find it strange that trying a Youtube Short 9:16 where I was using crop on a 16: 9 video appears to be the issue.

Reverting to my normal 16:9 and I am back in business.

Keith
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ran the scan as suggested - no problem.

Then updated Video Drivers.

I was then able to do a Youtube Short with no problems.

Thanks for help.

Keith
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried another Youtube Short. Programme closed on me three times and was unresponsive. Setting 9:16. I have never tried 9:16 in previous versions.

Just had another go at my normal setting of 16:9 with no problem.

Keith
optodata
[Post New]
That's quite strange. I just tried creating and producing a 2.5 minute 9:16 video and didn't have any issues like you've seen.

You may want to open a support ticket with CL tech support from here.
keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]

Done. Thank you.

Keith
Motasim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2021 11:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote CL did not renew their license with NewBlueFX so unless you have an older, lifetime-licensed version of PD you can reinstall, you're out of luck and will have to purchase a new license from NewBlue for any packs you'd like to keep using.

For all the other issues, please see what worked for this user and either visit your computer's support site or kindly provide the DxDiag test results so other forum members can assist you.

Hi
My License renewal in 10 days, recent upgrade rendering /producing vdo dead slow .. for 1 min 9:16 it take about 2 hour time while using GPU before update it was taking <5min regardless of what compilation mode you are using
My drivers up to date ..
dont know what to do

please help
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That's quite strange. I just tried creating and producing a 2.5 minute 9:16 video and didn't have any issues like you've seen.

Just to see how my system would behave I have taken a 16:9 clip; MP4, 640x352/30fps H.264 AVC
trimmed it to 2:30 minutes and then set the aspect ratio to 9:16.
When producing I see the following remarkable things:

• production with Fast video rendering on, takes PD to render the clip without any effects about 0:30 minutes, there is no difference when switching between internal GPU and the "external" GPU.

• production with Fast video rendering off, takes PD the clip without effects about 0:12 minutes (?)

• production with Fast video rendering on and a number of random changes to colour etc. takes about 0:18 minutes

• production with Fast video rendering off, and the same number of random changes takes about 0:30 minutes

All output files have a green line at the left of the 9:16 output video. Which line is not to be seen during displaying the clip from the timeline. The green line is there when I use the output format MP4, 480x720/25p (3Mbps); The green line is gone when using 720x1280/25p (6Mbps)
I have tried the same tests with and without OpenCL technology switch on.
No need to say: both software and drivers are all up to date, and (still) running Windows 10.
I wonder whether this is me, or other can reproduce this behavior too. If so, then it might make sense to send a note to Tech support.
One would seriously wonder what is happening under the PD hood....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2021 07:16

keithwjones [Avatar]
[Post New]
I may be getting somewhere. First I have never done 9:16 with previuos versions.

I have received a quick reply from support:

Graphic Card Drivers - already done

Enable or Disable all options in PowerDirector Preferences-> Hardware Acceleration settings.
OpenCL was Off - Hardware Decoding was on. Both now off. Not sure if that is best way they should be.

Use sample SkateBoard.MP4 video

I was then able to produce a 9:16 video. With color board/title - Still image with pan/zoom - Sample video with crop/zoom/pan and lighting adjustment - A video of my own with same adjustments.

So is the answer as simple as that? Are Hardware Acceleration settings correct?

Keith

UPDATE - The Intel Core i5-4460 supports hardware acceleration of virtualized programs.
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
111 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 19. 2021 08:56

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote So is the answer as simple as that? Are Hardware Acceleration settings correct?

There is no correct settings with PD. If hardware decoding and hardware encoding produce acceptable results, often much faster depending on what hardware you have and what codec you are using. Your HD Graphics 4600 will have different work/notwork characteristics vs a Nvidia or AMD GPU and often behave differently with different source/produce video formats. Hardware decode/encode extremely beneficial for H.265, especially when other edit effects (color correction, LUTS,...) have not been added.

Warry's green line often attributed to hardware decoding in pref. He never indicated how that was set, additionally it would be decoded with his internal GPU, whatever revision he may have which plays a role.

These anomalies have been around for ages with PD, often CPU decode/encode often yields best overall reliability for having a good produce but can be extremely slow depending on hardware.

Jeff
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Warry's green line often attributed to hardware decoding in pref. He never indicated how that was set, additionally it would be decoded with his internal GPU, whatever revision he may have which plays a role.
Jeff

Whatever setting I used I always got the same result, the green line at the left of the clip after producing. I have an internal UHD 630 and an "external" GTX1070 GPU. The green line was gone when I used a different output format.