Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
audio quality problem with H 264 AVC format
claude06 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 07, 2016 17:32 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I have successfully used Powerdirector 15 for producing Full HD H 264 AVC / MP4 videos, 50 images per second without any problem on my TV set, a Sony Bravia LCD colour TV ( KDL.55NX810)

With PowerDirector 365, with the same format, everything is fine on my PC , but the audio quality on the same TV set is horrible with many cracks. I tried various data rates without any improvement.

I am looking for any solution to solve this critical issue
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
First, open the audio meters in PowerDirector and ensure that you aren't over-modulating. In order works, making sure your audio on the meters peaks at most in the yelllow -- though preferably mostly in the green -- with no audio peaking in the red. Overmodulated audio can certainly sound awful on an output, even though it sounds fine when you play the movie in the program.

If that isn't your issue, open your original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of the report the program generates and paste it to this forum. There may be a clue in these complete specs as to why the video isnt' properly conforming.

But due check your audio levels first. Use the meters. Don't trust how it sounds on your computer's speakers.
claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello

Thank you very much for your help. The audio level is correct in the green .

I do not have any problem with the same video on Power director 15.

Please find attached the Média file reports for the 365 version. (camarque 365 .txt. I also attached a report with Power director 15 (cap martin 15.txt . I also add another file Camargue1.365 for information ..

I notice the codec is different and possibly the new codec are not compatible with the Sony TV

I hope this report will help you

Best regards
 Filename
cap martin 15.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
114 time(s)
 Filename
camargue1 365.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
96 time(s)
 Filename
camargue 365.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
83 time(s)
claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
In addition to my previous answer I notice the format profil in version 15 is Sony PSP by Base Media / version 2

Base Media is possibly not compatible with all Sony TV set .
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
The fact that this is not camcorder video may be a clue.

But I won't know for sure until you provide the MediaInfo report I asked for in my first post.
claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The three txt files I attached to my previous note are the mediaInfo reports you are looking for.

The video sources are produced by cam recorder (AVCHD Files) / Panasonic DMC FZ 200 ) . converted to H 264 AVC Format with PowerDictecor. I have never met this problem for the last 5 years .... with Power Director 15 fully compatible foe my Sony TV. and my cam recorder. with a very hugh quality results.

I checked again and I can produce the same video with a perfect audio with Power Director 15... without this crazy cracks...
with the same H 264 AVC format...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The MediaInfo files you uploaded are from clips after you produced them in PD. StevenG was asking for details of the original (source) clips. It would be even better if you could upload one of the clips so other people could test it.

You can upload the clip to OneDrive or Google Drive and paste a publicly shareable link to it here. See this FAQ for more details.

Also, there are no codec differences in the audio of the produced clips. All are produced to AAC Low Complexity using the mp4a-40-2 codec. I'm not certain, but the difference shown in the General section may just be that CL changed how they display the name of the same codec in different PD versions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 09. 2021 11:57

claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you for the clarification

All the Cam Recorder and produced files are available at the following link

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auvw_eFejINAgbAGfh6tid9kizC2eQ?e=ctb8ju" target="_new" rel="nofollow"> https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auvw_eFejINAgbAGfh6tid9kizC2eQ?e=ctb8ju

The file report of the cam recoder are available in he attached file
 Filename
camargue.txt
[Disk]
 Description
cam récoder report
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
102 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks very much for the links! I believe the issue is because your clips are recorded in Dolby Digital (AC-3 format) and PD stopped supporting that format at v19. See this FAQ.

Your best bet is to convert the audio in these clips before importing them into PD365 or to only use PD15 when working with them.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks very much for the links! I believe the issue is because your clips are recorded in Dolby Digital (AC-3 format) and PD stopped supporting that format at v19. See this FAQ.

Your best bet is to convert the audio in these clips before importing them into PD365 or to only use PD15 when working with them.

I really doubt that is the source of the issue as PD19/20 can import Dolby Digital with modern OS. However, file conversion often a remedy for many issues that PD has.

claude06, your 2021 Camargue.mp4 is a 6 channel audio file vs 2 channel source and 2 channel PD15, have you tried producing just basic 2 channel in PD20 and see if your TV likes that? If still a no go, create a custom profile for your MP4 and change audio tab to Dolby Digital and see if your TV likes that.

Jeff
claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
First I would line to thank you very much for your very positive help and your prompt réactions.

I tried the two channels option and Dolby digital configuration ( supported by my TV according to Sony specification) without success. I also tried the same MP2 files on a Panasonic TV and......it works fine, with a perfect audio.

I conclude the inputs of the FZ DMC 2000 Lumix (( Panasonic), one of the most popular Cam recorder is compatible with PD 15 and PD 365. We do not understand why the new version should not support any more our TV Sony!

The ascending compatibility is the golden rule in this business!

As soon as Cyberlink advertises PD 15 customers with attractive offers to upgrade the PD 365 version, Cyberlink is committed to deliver the functionality of previous versions on top new improvements.

It is now to Cyberlink to react to my support request and to fix the problem..

In the meantime I am afraid I will have to continue to use the PD 15 version that works very well!!!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote First I would line to thank you very much for your very positive help and your prompt réactions.

I tried the two channels option and Dolby digital configuration ( supported by my TV according to Sony specification) without success. I also tried the same MP2 files on a Panasonic TV and......it works fine, with a perfect audio.

I conclude the inputs of the FZ DMC 2000 Lumix (( Panasonic), one of the most popular Cam recorder is compatible with PD 15 and PD 365. We do not understand why the new version should not support any more our TV Sony!

The ascending compatibility is the golden rule in this business!

As soon as Cyberlink advertises PD 15 customers with attractive offers to upgrade the PD 365 version, Cyberlink is committed to deliver the functionality of previous versions on top new improvements.

It is now to Cyberlink to react to my support request and to fix the problem..

In the meantime I am afraid I will have to continue to use the PD 15 version that works very well!!!

Are you by chance using a custom profile in PD15 to create what works for your TV? The file "cap martin 15.txt" you attached does not appear to be a default profile in PD15. Was it created with "Intelligent SVRT" or manually created?

There definitely was some changes to the way PD does encoding of MP4's since PD15, default GOP structure one big change. Maybe if one uses your profile from PD15 in PD20, your Sony TV may have proper playback.

It is unclear to me what you mean by MP2 in your response, can you clarify?

If you use default media supplied with PD, can you create a MP4 with default PD20 profiles that your Sony TV plays successfully?

Jeff
claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Are you by chance using a custom profile in PD15 to create what works for your TV? The file "cap martin 15.txt" you attached does not appear to be a default profile in PD15. Was it created with "Intelligent SVRT" or manually created?

There definitely was some changes to the way PD does encoding of MP4's since PD15, default GOP structure one big change. Maybe if one uses your profile from PD15 in PD20, your Sony TV may have proper playback.

It is unclear to me what you mean by MP2 in your response, can you clarify?

If you use default media supplied with PD, can you create a MP4 with default PD20 profiles that your Sony TV plays successfully?

Jeff

First I am very sorry, fie the confusion, it is not MP2 files but MP4 files...

When I started with PD 15 I used the Full HD 25 images / default profile with MP4 source file on the Lumix cam recorder. Two years ago to improve the video quality I decided to use AVCHD / 50 images per second as source file on the Lumix cam recorder

As PD 15 does not have a standard profile with 50 images /sec I created a custom profile from the default Full HD 25 images profiles, compatible with my Sony TV with a perfect quality.

With PD 20 I tried of course the standard format Full HD 50 images per second and I also created a profile with exactly the same profile used on PD 15 without success.

I also try the full HD 25 images per second and standard HD format with the same problem.

Concerning now your question on SVRT, I use the fast video rendering technology with Intel Quick Sync Video
SBRT is not available

Claude
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote First I am very sorry, fie the confusion, it is not MP2 files but MP4 files...

When I started with PD 15 I used the Full HD 25 images / default profile with MP4 source file on the Lumix cam recorder. Two years ago to improve the video quality I decided to use AVCHD / 50 images per second as source file on the Lumix cam recorder

As PD 15 does not have a standard profile with 50 images /sec I created a custom profile from the default Full HD 25 images profiles, compatible with my Sony TV with a perfect quality.

With PD 20 I tried of course the standard format Full HD 50 images per second and I also created a profile with exactly the same profile used on PD 15 without success.

I also try the full HD 25 images per second and standard HD format with the same problem.

Concerning now your question on SVRT, I use the fast video rendering technology with Intel Quick Sync Video
SBRT is not available

Claude

Thanks for a few more details. Sorry, specifics here are probably critical since it's your TV that appears to be rather format specific since other MP4's you created play fine on another TV.

When you say you created a custom profile with exactly the same profile, how did you do that? You cannot do it from within the GUI as PD changed profile details not exposed in the GUI. "Intelligent SVRT" is a means to create a profile in the PD15 GUI in the "Produce" area. I'm simply trying to understand specifically how you created your custom profile so as to try and replicate in PD20.

I'd probably try at least two things:
1) copy the exact profile from file profile.ini file that you use in PD15 and paste it into the PD20 profile.ini file and see if that works for you
2) use the same custom profile in "1)" but don't use Quick Sync and allow the CPU to do the encoding and see if that works for you

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 10. 2021 17:03

claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Thanks for a few more details. Sorry, specifics here are probably critical since it's your TV that appears to be rather format specific since other MP4's you created play fine on another TV.

When you say you created a custom profile with exactly the same profile, how did you do that? You cannot do it from within the GUI as PD changed profile details not exposed in the GUI. "Intelligent SVRT" is a means to create a profile in the PD15 GUI in the "Produce" area. I'm simply trying to understand specifically how you created your custom profile so as to try and replicate in PD20.

I'd probably try at least two things:
1) copy the exact profile from file profile.ini file that you use in PD15 and paste it into the PD20 profile.ini file and see if that works for you
2) use the same custom profile in "1)" but don't use Quick Sync and allow the CPU to do the encoding and see if that works for you

Jeff

I mean the profile I generated with the user interface
Resolution 1920 * 1080
image rate 50
Profile high
CABAC
date rate 16000
Quality :high
Degrouping
Dynamic GOP ( not selected)

Same audio profile

The files "profile.ini" is unknown on my PC.... are you sure of the file name?

I produced the video without quick sync with no change and the same problem

Claude
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I mean the profile I generated with the user interface
Resolution 1920 * 1080
image rate 50
Profile high
CABAC
date rate 16000
Quality :high
Degrouping
Dynamic GOP ( not selected)

Same audio profile

The files "profile.ini" is unknown on my PC.... are you sure of the file name?

I produced the video without quick sync with no change and the same problem

Claude

Yes, those high level items in GUI are not enough to fully describe controls.

profile.ini located in your user profile at C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\UserConfigure and C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\UserConfigure for PD15 and PD20

Edit profile.ini with notepad or similar. Copy from a & all the way to the blank line after && for your given profile and paste into PD20 profile.ini. If profile.ini does not exist for PD20, create a custom profile in the GUI for PD20 so it gets created and then paste in your PD15 profile. It has to exist for PD15 as you said you created a user custom profile.

&
<class>MPEG-4 AVC</class>
<name>Custom Profile</name>
<description></description>
<misc>0</misc>
<samplesperframe>1152</samplesperframe>
&&

Jeff
claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]

Yes, those high level items in GUI are not enough to fully describe controls.

profile.ini located in your user profile at C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\15.0\UserConfigure and C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\20.0\UserConfigure for PD15 and PD20

Edit profile.ini with notepad or similar. Copy from a & all the way to the blank line after && for your given profile and paste into PD20 profile.ini. If profile.ini does not exist for PD20, create a custom profile in the GUI for PD20 so it gets created and then paste in your PD15 profile. It has to exist for PD15 as you said you created a user custom profile.

&
<class>MPEG-4 AVC</class>
<name>Custom Profile</name>
<description></description>
<misc>0</misc>
<samplesperframe>1152</samplesperframe>
&&

Jeff

I success this morning ( it was too late yesterday!)

I copy the content of PD 15 profile.ini to the PD 20 profile.ini file

I produced a new video on PD 20 and I checked the profiles as been updated. I confirm the GOP is updated with PD 15 one

Unfortunately this new configuration does not solve the problem ..

Please find attached the Media Info result for your information

I also add the mp4 camargue-update.mp4 in the public folder:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auvw_eFejINAgbAGfh6tid9kizC2eQ?e=ctb8ju
 Filename
camargue 20.txt
[Disk]
 Description
Media info
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
84 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
claude06, That approach is the closest I am familiar with to make PD20 produce a PD15 characteristic MP4 file. I'm assuming you're not using GPU decoding (pref > Hardware Acceleration) or any form of "Fast video rendering technology:" during PD20 produce session for best compatibility.

Jeff
claude06 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Jeff

Thank you very much for your help . Your approach was very clever.

I deactivate any form of fast video rendering technology.

Claude
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Jeff

Thank you very much for your help . Your approach was very clever.

I deactivate any form of fast video rendering technology.

Claude

You might try a M2TS container vs the MP4 you've been using and see if your TV will have good audio there. This manual says it's supported for your TV https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/W000/W0005762M.pdf

Jeff