Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Anyone have problems with crop and then colour adjust in PowerDirector?
ZyPaul [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2021 04:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I use the crop and zoom and then go to colour adjust to brighten and the whole video skews. I use this it at work and only just got around to trying the "fixes" they recommended, although everything has latest drivers etc.

So I've made a video with the sample video and it still happens, check the link below.

I also have a lot of hangs as the program "thinks" about things and quite a few crashes and some of them do not have the helpful recover project bit at restart!

Interested if anyone else as the same problem or are willing to give it a go and see what happens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx4rdHBI9LY
[Thumb - PDversion.png]
 Filename
PDversion.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
49 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
103 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
126 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I have done the same steps from your video, and everything works fine in my system.
ZyPaul [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I have done the same steps from your video, and everything works fine in my system.

Yeah, definately something weird with my PC. No idea what tho!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I
Interested if anyone else as the same problem or are willing to give it a go and see what happens?

Hi,

Same version (other than the Business version), same thing happens. Color Adj, Split toning and HDR Effect all suffer the same distortion. The greater the angle of rotation the greater the issue.

Please contact CS and raise a ticket to get it in the system. I'll also follow it up.

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator
ZyPaul [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Same version (other than the Business version), same thing happens. Color Adj, Split toning and HDR Effect all suffer the same distortion. The greater the angle of rotation the greater the issue.

Please contact CS and raise a ticket to get it in the system. I'll also follow it up.

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator

Cheers, I've done that, although I've logged this same thing before and they basically said update drivers etc. which I always do anyway. So will we see how it pans out......laughing
ZyPaul [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator

Is the Business version any better than the "standard" version? I had a look at what you get different and could only really see the added Shutterstock stuff all the other stuff seemed minor. I was hoping it was faster and more stable or something....
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Is the Business version any better than the "standard" version? I had a look at what you get different and could only really see the added Shutterstock stuff all the other stuff seemed minor. I was hoping it was faster and more stable or something....

Hi,

It's the same engine, there are some business oriented addons like Ad Designer and more access to stock footage, but basically the same.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
ZyPaul [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

It's the same engine, there are some business oriented addons like Ad Designer and more access to stock footage, but basically the same.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Ah, thought so, I don't do ads, mainly products and "how to" videos, have a look @ Zytronic on YouTube and for my own stuff it's at https://www.youtube.com/c/metalig I mainly do very basic stuff
keithwjones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2019 18:53 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
I have had same sort of issues.

Appears to have calmed down now.

Keith
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I have had same sort of issues.

Appears to have calmed down now.

Keith

"Calmed down", so are you saying this bug/issue verified by PDM for crop and color adjustment that was present in the PD20 2106 version is no longer present? I can only assume you are potentially using version 2204 that was released to subscription license holders and you think that fixed this issue? Or, what exactly do you mean?

Jeff
keithwjones [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 24, 2019 18:53 Messages: 48 Offline
[Post New]
Jeff

365 version now 20.0.2204.0 (64 bit). 16GB Ram.

One day it was all over the place making a 9:16
Program splutters and does not run smoothly.
Has crashed when video clip added.
Becomes unresponsive.

Next day it working for making a 16:9.

What I will do is carry out a test on a 9:16 again and report back.

UPDATE

I have done a Youtube Short 9:16 but used a video which was 16:9 in it so I had to Crop/Zoom. This time I did not have a problem.

But note that I did update the video drivers after I had the problems.

Keith

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 12. 2021 18:42

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The problem that the OP and the PM stated shows up in the previous versions of PowerDirector when the aspect ratio is set to anything other than 16:9 for the sample video. Changing the AR to 4:3, or freeform on a 16:9 video is not good. The workaround is to simply produce it and apply the color corrections afterward. This may mean that no one who used it in the past wants to bring up this bug or distortion to discuss in the forum.