Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shadow Files
Shakeyleg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2019 20:56 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I am using shadow files to try to ease the burden on my CPU while editing multiple 4k streams. Is there a way to specify the file folder the shadow files are stored in? I can see where they are currently on my C drive by going and looking to manually delete them but I prefer for them to be on a different drive for speed and drive capacity issues.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Shadow files will always be created in a subfolder of wherever you've specified the export folder to be. To change the location for all of these items, go to the Preferences | File tab.

You may want to close and reopen PD and also turn off, then re-enable shadow files to ensure that they're all stored in the new location.
Shakeyleg [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2019 20:56 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Shadow files will always be created in a subfolder of wherever you've specified the export folder to be. To change the location for all of these items, go to the Preferences | File tab.

You may want to close and reopen PD and also turn off, then re-enable shadow files to ensure that they're all stored in the new l
ocation.

It is so odd becuase I haven't changed any settings and they started uploading to my C drive about 2 weeks ago which I just try to leave for my system files. I have not changed my export settings in years. But when I looked back now the files I loaded today are back to my Z drive which is the same as my export.

It is not related to upgrading to PD 20 because I haven't done that yet. I usually give them a few weeks to get the bugs out before I upgrade in 365.

Thanks as always Optodata.