Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
production unsuccessful error
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
Out of the blue this error started appearing:

Getting this error. I updated the driver software NVIDIA GeForce 1050Ti to V472.12

I can produce the clip if I uncheck fast rendering... but then what is the point?

Any help?
[Thumb - Screenshot (46).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (46).png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
710 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Which profile are you trying to produce to? Try the Profile Analyzer and choose Best Matched Format or anything from the Intelligent SVRT tab.
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Which profile are you trying to produce to? Try the Profile Analyzer and choose Best Matched Format or anything from the Intelligent SVRT tab.

Thanks. The bigger issue is this (profile) is what I've been using all along. Cyberlink highlights the ability to 'upconvert' - and I often use that, saving me from recording in 4K, and recording in 2.7k instead. Been doing this for years.

That said - the opening and ending clips are already in 4k, while the rest of the video is being up-convert from 2.7k. This also isn;t the first time I've reused a title and closing clip already in 4k mixed witht he project material.

To your point - here's the profile I was using and the profile analyzer,
[Thumb - CB 1sm.jpg]
 Filename
CB 1sm.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
anaylizer screenshot
 Filesize
96 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5 time(s)
[Thumb - CB 2 sm.jpg]
 Filename
CB 2 sm.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
profile i was using
 Filesize
89 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the additional details, but I think there's still a lot of missing info.

You have H.265/HEVC selected in your screenshots. Are all of your clips encoded that way or are some H.264/AVC? Do you get the same error if you produce to AVC?

Do you have another hardware encoding option like QuickSync in this drop-down list?

If so, does that work when producing to AVC and/or HEVC?

If you suspect that something went wrong with the driver update, try running the nVidia installer again with the specific settings shown in Step 2) in this post, then reboot and see if the problem is still present.

If it is, please provide the DxDiag test results as requested in the Read Me Before Posting guide.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. The bigger issue is this (profile) is what I've been using all along. Cyberlink highlights the ability to 'upconvert' - and I often use that, saving me from recording in 4K, and recording in 2.7k instead. Been doing this for years.

That said - the opening and ending clips are already in 4k, while the rest of the video is being up-convert from 2.7k. This also isn;t the first time I've reused a title and closing clip already in 4k mixed witht he project material.

To your point - here's the profile I was using and the profile analyzer,

More than likely just this: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43754.page#post_box_226112 since it worked for you prior.

Reinstallation won't correct and neither will GPU optimize in pref.

Jeff
David_D [Avatar]
[Post New]

More than likely just this: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43754.page#post_box_226112 since it worked for you prior.

Reinstallation won't correct and neither will GPU optimize in pref.

Jeff

This was it - since it worked previously - that's what was throwing me off. Worked fine earlier in the day with the older driver!

Thanks JL_JL and optodata for you time and help.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This was it - since it worked previously - that's what was throwing me off. Worked fine earlier in the day with the older driver!

Thanks JL_JL and optodata for you time and help.

Glad you're back to being functional.

A real shame CL has done nothing about this over many years and product releases and patches as it's plagued many users. I thought maybe they'd address it when they released the GPU optimize setting in pref at PD17 but failed then too. Uninstallation and/or reinstallation as some suggest for many remedies is not a solution as old registry keys are retained, some I know have reinstalled WIN for a fix, that's poor software development and progression for you.

Jeff