Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where did the enable fade in and out toggle go (for video)
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]
With the update, I cant seem to find the simple menu item that enabled fade in and out on individual video clips in the timeline. Previously, one right clicked on the video in the timeline>edit video>enable fade in and out.

That selection is no longer there. Has it been removed or relocated?

Obviously, I can manually fade in and fade out - but it involves more steps.

Anyone know?

Thaanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2021 11:59

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With the update, I cant seem to find the simple menu item that enabled fade in and out on individual video clips in the timeline. Previously, one right clicked on the video in the timeline>edit video>enable fade in and out.

That selection is no longer there. Has it been removed or relocated?

Obviously, I can manually fade in and fade out - but it involves more steps.

Anyone know?

Thaanks!

Another way is to double click the clip in the timeline and use the Fade feature there.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD20_FadeInOut.png]
 Filename
PD20_FadeInOut.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
758 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
10 time(s)
David_D [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 10, 2019 10:03 Messages: 53 Offline
[Post New]

Another way is to double click the clip in the timeline and use the Fade feature there.

Jeff

Perfect - I didn't think that would work (when I first looked at the photo) - as I saw the PiP heading. But Boom - works perfectly - Thanks for the tip!
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]

Jeff

It would be handy if this option would also fades in/out the audio of that video clip. This has now to be done manually.

Another option, which I prefer, is to use the Video Fade transistion together with the Audio transition Constant Grain or Constant Power at the start/end of the clip. When you add those transistions to your favorites, applying them goes faster than the other fade options. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It would be handy if this option would also fades in/out the audio of that video clip. This has now to be done manually.

Another option, which I prefer, is to use the Video Fade transistion together with the Audio transition Constant Grain or Constant Power at the start/end of the clip. When you add those transistions to your favorites, applying them goes faster than the other fade options.

Not sure what you mean by manual, but yes one has to click a button for audio fade in and another button for fade out.

I typically use the transitions too, it's been discussed prior on a good video/audio combined fade feature since fade is probably the most common transition if one is used, but I have not seen anything implemented yet. To save a step, you don't even have to add fade to your favorites folder. Audio transition has to be done independently anyhow.

Jeff
3POINT [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 01, 2015 03:52 Messages: 149 Offline
[Post New]
PD is the only Video editor I know, that hasn't the option to simple create a fade in/out just by dragging the top corners of the video/audio clip with the mouse. Recware: DJI Osmo Pocket, GoproHero7Black, PanasonicFZ300/HCX909, Sony PXW-X160.
Software: Vegaspro365+Vegasaur/PowerDirector365
Hardware: i910900k,32GB,GTX2080s, 1920x1200 display
Playware: Samsung Qled QE65Q6FN, Philips 55PFL7108